|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 04:01 AM EST||
LONDON, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The rising incidence of diabetes in Europe has presented the diagnostics market with significant growth opportunities. Diabetes organizations expect the patient pool in Europe to reach 64.2 million by 2030. This will increase testing volumes and thereby promote the need for diagnostic products and accessories across labs and hospitals.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.healthcare.frost.com), European Diabetes Diagnostics Market, finds that the market earned revenues of over $3.97 billion in 2011 and estimates this to reach $5.93 billion in 2018.
The proven efficacy of point-of-care testing (POCT) HbA1c and glucose tests has encouraged their adoption. In most European countries, these tests are a part of routine screening programmes.
"Doctors and diabetes specialists recommend HbA1C tests once every three months for type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients," says Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst K. Srinivas Sashidhar. "Disease awareness programmes will further ensure regular monitoring of blood sugar levels."
However, low-cost suppliers are increasingly entering the market. This leads to stiff competition and intense pressure on established manufacturers to introduce innovative, automated and efficient monitors.
To achieve high profit margins, market participants must develop customised, result-oriented products. There is growing focus on self monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG), POCT HbA1C and glucose meters that can facilitate quicker measurements. Bundling these with other tests such as cholesterol monitoring is also essential.
"Non-invasive glucose meters with enhanced mobile connectivity and data management features in new systems are likely to dominate the market soon," notes Sashidhar. "Improved optical sensitivity and infra-red spectroscopy will improve work flow efficiencies."
Developing solutions with sufficient differentiation features is the key to staying competitive in this high-potential market.
If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to Anna Zanchi, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com
European Diabetes Diagnostics Market is part of the Life Sciences Growth Partnership Services program, which also includes research in the following areas: Antihypertensive Market in Select SADC Countries, Opportunity Analysis for Biosimilars in South Korea, European Alzheimer's Disease Medication Market, and Contract Research and Manufacturing Services Market in India. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks