|By Business Wire||
|November 28, 2012 02:03 AM EST||
Upsolar, a leading international provider of solar PV modules, today announced its product portfolio demonstrated exceptional resistance to potential induced degradation (PID) according to specifications set forth by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Rigorous module testing conducted by the Institute of Industrial Certification for Mechanics (ICIM), an independent certification body based in Italy, yielded minimal performance impact under extreme conditions.
Designed to analyze module performance after extended use, PID evaluation subjects PV modules to high humidity, elevated temperature levels and voltage stresses. After an evaluation period, products are assessed in terms of output and durability. Electroluminescence (EL) imaging is also performed to identify defects with potentially negative impact on module performance.
Upsolar modules were PID tested under IEC 62804 Ed. 1.0 specifications, some of the industry’s most meticulous standards. Over a period of 96 hours, modules were subjected to 85 percent atmospheric humidity, temperatures exceeding 60°C and applied voltage of 1,000 V. The products' performances significantly exceeded the threshold set forth by IEC parameters, passing the test by a wide margin.
“Upsolar’s exemplary performance during PID testing enables us to clear a major hurdle in demonstrating long-term reliability,” said Stephane Dufrenne, Chief Technology Officer of Upsolar. “Our attention to product quality and performance continues to set Upsolar apart from the pack, and we take great pride in affording our customers the peace of mind that comes with a secure investment.”
For more information on PID testing and a full list of Upsolar’s certifications, visit: http://upsolar.com/usa/products/certifications.aspx
Upsolar is a leading international solar module developer and producer, offering the solar industry’s best quality / price ratio in the global PV market. With vertically integrated, diversified manufacturing platforms, as well as an R&D-supported quality control management system, Upsolar produces high quality, reliable solar modules backed by a world-class warranty, at competitive prices. Headquartered in Shanghai, Upsolar has offices throughout Asia, Europe and North America to support an international customer-base, providing on-site technical support, customer service and product development teams. For more information, visit www.upsolar.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks