|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 01:00 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Golden Globe nominee and Emmy Award winning actor, Damian Lewis, to take the lead in a short feature film, created by Jaguar in association with Ridley Scott Associates and to be released early 2013
- Jordi Molla named as the villain in the short film
- American actor, Shannyn Sossamon, to play lead female role
- The short film is to be filmed on location in the Chilean desert at the beginning of December
- Jaguar will invite viewers to follow the filming of 'Desire' with a rare insiders view of the set and filming process throughout this unique production
- The soundtrack to the film has been written by singer songwriter Lana Del Rey. The exclusive track named 'Burning Desire', was inspired by the Jaguar F-TYPE
- The F-TYPE is the first two-seater sports car from Jaguar since the iconic E-type was launched 50 years ago
Jaguar announced that Award winning British Actor Damian Lewis will play the lead in a short feature film called 'Desire' for luxury car brand Jaguar. Actors Jordi Molla and Shannyn Sossamon have also been cast in lead roles in the film. Inspired by the Jaguar F-TYPE, the casting announcement was made at an exclusive pre LA Auto Show event hosted by Jaguar Land Rover at Paramount Studios, LA.
Jaguar revealed the F-TYPE sports car to 350 VIPs ahead of its US Auto Show debut. The car made its dynamic entrance at Paramount Pictures Studios on a road built over the famous studio's sunken water tank.
Damian was not the only cast member in attendance at the event, his 'Desire' co-star, American actor, Shannyn Sossamon, was also present. Additionally, guests were treated to the premier of a trailer teaser for the movie, which will be filmed in Chile over a five-day shoot next week.
The film tells the story of Clark (Lewis), who delivers cars for a living, running into trouble after a chance encounter with a mysterious, young woman (Sossamon) in the middle of a lawless desert. Directed by Adam Smith, this is a story of betrayal, retribution, passion and greed.
Damian Lewis commented:
"When Jaguar approached me about the F-TYPE Desire film I was really intrigued. I then got to read the script and decided it was definitely a project I wanted to be a part of. Working with the director Adam Smith from Ridley Scott Associates, it promises to be an adventure. Jaguar cars have played some iconic roles in film for many years and I'm looking forward to being the first to drive the F-TYPE in film."
Over the coming weeks, Jaguar will release exclusive content from the set itself in Chile's Atacama Desert. This will give viewers the chance to get behind the scenes and really feel part of the production.
Kai Lu Hsiung, Managing Director, Ridley Scott Associates comments:
"We are hugely excited to be collaborating with Jaguar on this project, and to be working with such a fantastic cast."
"Film sets have traditionally kept viewers out, but through crafted updates and content we will welcome them onto the set in an unprecedented way, from the shoot in early December through to the launch of the film in March. We want viewers to see how the process unfolds through our eyes and to be a part of it alongside us."
Throughout the project Jaguar will be employing innovative techniques to share the film set experience and mastery with their audience. From using button hole cameras attached to the cast and crew; gaining insight from stunt coordinators and wardrobe; to setting up mobile Go Pro cameras on helicopters and cars to provide unique views from the set that viewers would never otherwise see.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar comments:
"The parallels between the world class creativity and technical capability that led to the creation of F-TYPE, and the unique collaboration between Ridley Scott Associates and Emmy award winner Damian Lewis are self-evident."
"Jaguar is synonymous with some of the most iconic moments in cinematic history, and we're excited about reigniting this powerful combination through a British led, world class artistic project. Our aim is to craft the most visionary and highest quality filmic product ever created in conjunction with a brand, as a platform for our most important product launch in 50 years – the Jaguar F-TYPE."
The new Jaguar F-TYPE represents a return to the company's heartland: a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on delivering performance, agility and maximum driver reward. The F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years and encompasses some of the most beautiful, thrilling and desirable cars ever built, including the iconic E-type.
To find out more about 'Desire' please visit;
The focus on driver involvement and sporting performance in the F-TYPE is emphasized by the 'one plus one' layout of the asymmetric cabin. This is evidenced by the grab handle, which sweeps down the center console on the passenger side, delineating it from the driver's position.
Taking inspiration from cockpits of fighter airplanes, the controls are ergonomically grouped by function. Further aeronautical inspiration can be found in the joystick-shaped SportShift selector controlling the eight-speed transmission. The air vents on top of the dashboard will only deploy when instructed to by either the driver or complex control algorithms, staying tucked discreetly out of sight in other circumstances.
Aluminum forms a great part of Jaguar's commitment to sustainability with more than half the content of the car coming from recycled metal. In addition, the F-TYPE's structure is exclusively riveted and bonded – this manufacturing process emits up to 80 percent less CO2 compared to that from welding a comparable steel structure. Jaguar is also rolling out its closed-loop recycling system to its suppliers, ensuring all offcuts of metal from the manufacturing process are reused.
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar comments, "Jaguar is a founding member of the sports car segment with a rich sporting bloodline that stretches over 75 years, and in the F-TYPE we've reignited that flame. The F-TYPE isn't designed to be like anyone else's sports car. It's a Jaguar sports car – ultra-precise, powerful, sensual and, most of all, it feels alive."
Notes to Editors
01. A front-engined, rear-wheel drive convertible, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
02. The F-TYPE's interior features a driver-focused philosophy, with engaging controls encased in dramatic architecture. Unique technical grains tailor the trim materials, further differentiating the dual-cockpit cabin
03. The range-topping F-TYPE V8S will reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 186mph. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 60mph in 4.8 seconds and 171mph, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE are 5.1 seconds and 161mph
04. The range-topping F-TYPE V8S will reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 186mph. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 60mph in 4.8 seconds and 171mph, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE V6 are 5.1 seconds and 161mph
05. Visually, the F-TYPE's exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles
Jaguar Cars Limited is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan and the XK coupe and convertible sports cars. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at http://www.jaguarusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher