|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Leveraging – taking the FIAT brand's DNA, the all-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors plus comfortable accommodations for five passengers
- Large – a Fiat 500 designed on the new "small-wide" architecture for 26 inches more length, plus 6 inches more in height and width, all to deliver an EPA Large Car size interior with best-in-class headroom and front legroom, added versatility and more than 42 percent more interior space
- Loft – a trendsetting interior environment featuring segment-exclusive glass A- to D-pillars that provide nearly 360 degree panoramic views, while iconic Cinquecento (500) cues exude contemporary Italian design outside
- Liters – innovative 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine provides the Fiat 500L with fuel efficiency combined with best-in-class power and torque
- Lifestyle – global debut of all-new Fiat 500L Trekking model highlights the perfect blend of rugged styling and versatility to offer customers a Cinquecento that complements their active lifestyle
- Light – human-friendly innovations like all-new Uconnect 5.0 and 6.5, eco:Drive and fuel-saving and emissions-reducing MultiAir valve technology provide a "lightness" to improve the quality of life
Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that has made the Fiat 500 an icon for more than 55 years, the all-new 2014 Fiat 500L expands the Cinquecento's appeal by offering more than 42 percent more interior space with spacious seating for five, engaging driving dynamics, a 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine with a best-in-class 160 horsepower and two six-speed transmission offerings all wrapped in contemporary Italian design.
"The all-new Fiat 500L the reach of the FIAT brand in North America and will keep our customers within the brand as their lifestyle needs expand," said Tim Kuniskis, Head of FIAT Brand North America — Chrysler Group LLC. "Those who love the style and performance that only the Italians can create, can now enjoy space for five, functionality, practicality and value. The Fiat 500L is the whole package, and it now brings its unique flavor to the American market."
Since the modern Fiat 500's global launch in 2007, more than 1 million of these efficient and city-friendly vehicles have been sold in 110 countries worldwide. And now with the all-new Fiat 500L, the Cinquecento has grown up to accommodate even more of life's greatest experiences and emotions all together: children, friends, journeys, music and community.
The Fiat 500L delivers a new approach to the way a car expresses styling individuality, the way it communicates with the outside world and opens its doors to a new on-board experience. The letter 'L' sums up the six dimensions of the Fiat 500L: "Leveraging," the FIAT brand's approach to its iconic Cinquecento design DNA; "Large," meant as functionality and space via its new "small-wide" vehicle architecture; "Loft," a trendsetting environment where one can live life to the fullest behind segment-exclusive panoramic views and the segment's largest dual-pane sunroof (20.7 sq.ft. (1.92 m2) dual-pane glass system); "Lifestyle," four unique models including the all-new Fiat 500L Trekking that perfectly blends rugged styling and versatility for a Cinquecento that complements customers with a highly active lifestyle; and "Light," when 'lightness' means human- and eco-friendly technology.
Paired with its tight European handling and quick steering, the sixth dimension, "Liters" defines the fuel-efficient MultiAir Turbo engine in the all-new Fiat 500L, providing the highest output-per-liter and best-in-class standard horsepower (160 hp) and torque (184 lb.-ft.) in the segment. For even more driver precision and control, the Fiat 500L features a six-speed manual transmission, or segment-exclusive six-speed dual dry clutch transmission (DDCT).
All-new Fiat 500L Trekking: the adventurous side of the 500L
The premiere of the 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking expands the appeal and practicality of the Fiat 500L with distinct, rugged looks; an athletic two-tone interior environment; unique front and rear fascia designs, flared wheel arches and larger 17-inch wheels to support its adventurous personality.
"From Gucci to Abarth, our Fiat 500 and now all-new Fiat 500L illustrate the different personalities and capabilities the FIAT brand can deliver from the same basic sheet metal," said Tim Kuniskis. "And with the rugged personality of the Trekking, we will attract a wider cross section of customers while keeping intact all the great benefits of the Fiat 500L."
Making the all-new 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking distinct is the addition of aggressively styled front and rear fascias with Nero (black) accents for a bolder look. Unique Nero wheel arch and body-side sill moldings give the Fiat 500L Trekking a more adventurous look, while larger 17 x 7-inch aluminum wheels hint at the urban-utility vehicle's handling capabilities.
A unique two-tone Nero/Marrone (black/brown) interior environment continues the Fiat 500L Trekking's rugged-athletic theme. At the center of it all, an all-new Uconnect 5.0 system features a 5-inch intelligently and intuitively designed touchscreen interface, handsfree calling and Bluetooth-streaming audio, as well as voice-command control of the radio and a media hub for seamless integration of portable devices. For even more capability, the Fiat 500L Trekking can be had with the premium Uconnect 6.5 system with its larger 6.5-inch touchscreen radio, with dealer-activated navigation with intuitive map graphics and a premium media hub with SD card reader.
The all-new 2014 Fiat 500L and all-new Fiat 500L Trekking models are produced at FIAT Automobiles' manufacturing plant in Kragujevac, Serbia, and will arrive to FIAT Studios in North America in mid-2013.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks