|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28: AMERICANS VISIT DOCTOR LESS
Profile America — Wednesday, November 28th. Americans are going to the doctor less often. From 2001 to 2010, working age adults went to see doctors, nurses and other medical providers an average of 3.9 times in 2010, compared to 4.8 times in 2001, according to Census Bureau figures. Those who answered the survey were much less likely to visit a dentist than a medical provider in the last year — 59 percent went to the dentist, while 73 percent saw a medical provider. Fifty-seven percent of the population did not take prescription medications in the previous year, while 35 percent take them on a regular basis. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Press Release, CB12-185
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London