|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:04 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT), a leading security-as-a-service provider, today announced that Microsoft and Proofpoint have agreed to extend their partnership agreement by another three years to support customer demand for Proofpoint's cloud-based archiving solution for Microsoft Office 365 customers.
Proofpoint Enterprise Archive is one solution within the Proofpoint Compliance for Microsoft Office 365 suite. This suite allows customers using Microsoft Office 365 email to comply with regulatory standards that require email archive, email encryption, email security and data loss prevention (DLP). In addition, because the Proofpoint solutions are based in the cloud, it provides all of the benefits SaaS buyers are looking for including easy deployment, reduced TCO and predictable costs.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is using Proofpoint's archiving solution in conjunction with its Microsoft cloud-based Enterprise Messaging Services (EMS) to provide compliant email archiving for 120,000 Microsoft Exchange users spread throughout 21 departments. Proofpoint Enterprise Archive allows the USDA to easily access archived email for regulatory requests, retention policy adherence and legal discovery.
"We are pleased that Microsoft decided to extend our partnership to help customers meet the stringent enterprise security and compliance requirements that must be maintained while moving to Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based services," said Tom Barsi, executive vice president of Business Development at Proofpoint. "We have been successful partnering with Microsoft to help solve complex regulatory requirements, and we look forward to continuing our partnership."
Powerful Features and Capabilities
Proofpoint Compliance for Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated offers all the features customers need to protect their email communications and comply with regulations through a bundle that includes Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy. The bundle delivers these critical compliance capabilities:
- Email archiving that addresses eDiscovery, regulatory compliance, rapid searchability, and storage and management challenges
- DLP that protects private information in emails, defends against leaks of confidential information and ensures compliance with common international, industry and U.S. data-protection regulations
- Powerful, policy-driven email encryption that mitigates the risks associated with regulatory violations, data loss and corporate policy violations
Proofpoint Compliance for Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated is available now. To learn more visit: www.proofpoint.com/compliance_for_office_365.
About Proofpoint, Inc.
Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) is a leading security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance and secure communications. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies and on-demand delivery system to protect against phishing, malware and spam, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive and govern messages and critical enterprise information. More information is available at www.proofpoint.com.
Proofpoint, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive and Proofpoint Enterprise Governance are trademarks or registered trademarks of Proofpoint, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between Proofpoint and any other company.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher