|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:01 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- National University, the second-largest private, nonprofit institution of higher education in California and the 12th-largest in the nation, has introduced a new, first-of-its-kind, online Master of Science in Health and Life Science Analytics degree program.
The program, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), will prepare health and life science analysts for the vast and growing amount of data accumulating in the healthcare industry. Students working toward their Master of Science in Health and Life Science Analytics degree will work with real-world data and examples and use leading statistical software. By the end of the program, graduates will have experience in analytical and predictive modeling, data acquisition, data mining, healthcare information management systems and epidemiology.
"Data is the backbone of the medical profession," said Tyler Smith, MS, PhD, associate professor at National University's School of Health and Human Sciences. "Graduates of the Master of Science in Health and Life Science Analytics degree program will learn how to integrate the increasing volumes of data, frame relevant questions, and leverage cutting edge analytic tools and software to shape data-driven enhancements in healthcare."
National University's School of Engineering, Technology and Media and School of Health and Human Services will share resources for the first six classes of the program. Students then branch out into their respective, specialized analytic degree programs.
The 13-course program totals 58.5 quarter units, is fully interactive and taught in National University's completely online and convenient one-course-per-month format.
The program will prepare students, in part, to:
- Integrate components of data analytics to produce knowledge-based solutions for real-world challenges using public and private data sources. Evaluate data management methods and technologies used to improve how the healthcare industry uses data.
- Create data files using advanced statistical and data programming techniques to solve practical problems.
- Design an analytic strategy to frame a potential issue and solution relevant to the community and stakeholders.
- Combine analytics and data in a health setting to produce useful, pertinent information to specific cases.
- Synthesize data analytics and data in a health setting to produce actionable information.
For more information about the Master of Science in Health and Life Sciences Analytics degree program, admission requirements, and enrollment periods, please visit: www.nu.edu.
ABOUT NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1971, National University is the second-largest private, nonprofit institution of higher education in California and the 12th-largest in the United States. With 22,000 full-time students and 129,000 alumni, National University is the flagship institution of the National University System. National University is dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse population of students. Four schools and one college -- the College of Letters and Sciences; the School of Business and Management; the School of Education; the School of Engineering, Technology and Media; and the School of Health and Human Services -- offer 100 graduate and undergraduate degrees and 22 teacher credentials at more than 45 locations throughout California and across the nation. A leader in online education, National University offers more than 70 degree programs via the Internet. National University is headquartered in La Jolla, California. To learn more, visit www.nu.edu.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks