|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 03:41 PM EST||
STAUNTON, Va., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cadence, Inc., a leading provider of medical device outsourcing solutions, announced today that it will open a finished medical device facility in Cranberry Township, PA in the first quarter of 2013.
The 21,000 square foot facility will include up to 10,000 square feet of clean room space and 5,000 square feet of office space. The company expects to employ as many as 60 people in the new facility located just outside of Pittsburgh.
For Cadence, which has achieved 74% revenue growth in the past three years, entrance into the finished device business is another step in its long-term strategic plan.
"Cadence started as a provider of highly-engineered specialty blades and has evolved into a provider of complex components and sub-assemblies critical to the performance of a variety of medical devices," said Alan Connor, President of Cadence, Inc. "Medical device customers are looking to consolidate their supply chains around their most critical and trusted suppliers. The addition of finished device and sterilization management capabilities allows us to better serve our customers' needs."
Pittsburgh was chosen for Cadence's newest facility because of the availability of employees with specialized medical device knowledge and experience. Pittsburgh was also chosen for its proximity to existing Cadence facilities.
Marc Mabie, Vice President & General Manager of the Cadence Pittsburgh facility, said, "The Pittsburgh location has enabled us to put together an experienced and proven team from the medical device industry to expand Cadence's business. We look forward to continued team growth in 2013."
About Cadence, Inc.
Cadence, Inc. (www.cadenceinc.com) is a premier contract manufacturing company improving patient outcomes by creating new medical technologies for minimally invasive devices. Headquartered in the Green Hills Technology Center in Staunton, Virginia, Cadence has over 200 shareholders. Cadence creates new-to-the-world manufacturing technologies to make devices the world has never seen. This is Outcome-based Manufacturing™.
SOURCE Cadence, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?