|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 02:10 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Skyera Inc., founded by an executive and engineering team with unsurpassed backgrounds in the NAND flash, solid-state, storage and networking arenas, today announced initial unit sales of its Skyhawk series of enterprise solid-state storage systems as part of Skyera's Early Access Program. These units clearly mark the first time that enterprise customers will be able to utilize low-cost 19/20nm solid-state technology as a direct replacement for traditional hard disk drives.
Skyera Skyhawk features a compact half-depth 1u form factor with 44 terabytes of up to 1 million IOPS, low-latency native capacity to satisfy the most-demanding Big Data, analytics and virtualization applications. Skyhawk was developed from the ground up to extend the life amplification of the latest generation of MLC Flash and to deliver a solution at a system price of less than $3 per gigabyte, in line with hard disk-based enterprise storage systems.
"Our first revenue achievement represents an historical milestone for Skyera and for the solid-state market," said Radoslav Danilak, CEO of Skyera. "We are excited about the enthusiasm that our disruptive technology has generated and that customers are paying for early access units. We are looking forward to fulfilling the remaining orders with General Availability of Skyhawk next quarter."
Skyera will be demonstrating the latest Skyhawk capabilities at the upcoming Gartner Data Center Conference, December 3-6 at The Venetian Resort Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada – booth 550. As an exhibitor, Skyera joins some of the world's leading technology and service providers, plus 47 Gartner analysts on-site.
Skyera Inc. is an emerging provider of enterprise solid-state storage systems designed to enable a large class of applications with extraordinarily high performance, exceptionally lower power consumption and cost effectiveness relative to existing enterprise storage systems. Founded by the executives who previously developed the world's most-advanced flash memory controller, Skyera is backed by key technology and financial partnerships designed to position it at the forefront of the hyper growth in the solid-state storage sector. The company was featured in the Gartner report "Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2012" and was chosen by Flash Memory Summit as a Best of Show award winner for 2012 in the category of Most Innovative Flash Memory Enterprise Business Application. For more information about the company, visit skyera.com.
818-884-8282, ext. 22
SOURCE Skyera Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London