|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 11:15 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --Consumers should stop using this product, which is being recalled voluntarily, unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Children's Riding Toy
Hazard: Children who lean too far forward on the seat can go over the handle bar and hit the ground. This poses a fall hazard.
Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the recalled toy away from children and contact Step2 to receive a free replacement toy.
Consumer Contact: Step2; toll-free at (866) 860-1887, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at www.step2.com, and click on the "View Details" link under Recall Information for more information.
Photos are available at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13049.html?tab=recalls.
Units: About 15,500
Description: The recalled product is an X-Rider Car. It is a red, plastic toy scooter with a yellow handlebar and seat, and two blue stickers that simulate headlights. It is 14 inches high, 14 inches wide and 19 inches long. The middle of the handle bar contains the Step2 logo. Step2's contact information is located on the rider's left side of the car. Children use their feet to propel the toy.
Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received four reports of incidents, with one incident resulting in head bumps and one resulting in a minor concussion and cuts to the gum and lip from the child's front teeth.
Sold at: Target and other retailers from January 2012 through August 2012 for about $25.
Manufacturer: The Step2 Company LLC, of Streetsboro, Ohio.
Manufactured in: United States
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov.
CPSC Consumer Information Hotline
Use this toll-free number if you have questions about a recall:
800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054)
Times: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET; Messages can be left anytime
Hotline can be used to get product safety and other agency information and to report unsafe products.
Please use the phone numbers below for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks