|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 09:31 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced an expansion of its Trade Up/Trade In program. Following the success of its Symantec Backup Exec competitive replacement program earlier this year, Unitrends is now offering up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Veeam, Barracuda and AppAssure to a Unitrends backup solution. The new promotions end on Dec. 31, 2012.
Approximately 20 percent of Unitrends' third quarter sales came from the competitive Trade Up/Trade In program, with a majority of customers switching from Symantec and Barracuda solutions. The experience of Jamin K. Miser, IT manager at Frates Insurance & Risk Management LLC, is not unlike that of others who made the switch.
"After switching from Symantec Backup Exec to Unitrends' backup solutions, we couldn't be happier," said Miser. "Unitrends' customer support is the best I've seen in the industry. We were up and running with a complete backup strategy in a matter of hours. Additionally, what used to take us six-to-eight hours a week to administer is now a matter of email notifications telling us that everything is working flawlessly. I would recommend Unitrends to any colleague."
"Symantec Backup Exec customers who took advantage of our promotion earlier this year were able to realize for themselves the technical and financial benefits of our enterprise-class data backup and recovery solutions," said Mike Coney, CEO, Unitrends. "The combination of our Recovery Series of physical appliances and our Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ software-only solution provides customers with flexible data protection that spans physical, virtual and cloud environments, and easily adapts to meet changing IT infrastructure needs. Our new promotions offer Veeam, Barracuda and AppAssure customers an economical way to start off the New Year with scalable, affordable and efficient data protection that is unrivaled in the industry today."
Unitrends' all-in-one backup, archiving, disaster recovery and instant recovery solutions offer enterprise-class data protection, including features such as:
- Support for more than 100 versions of servers, operating systems, hypervisors (including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere™) and applications
- Content-aware byte-level Adaptive Deduplication™
- Instant recovery using failover virtualization
- Integrated dissimilar bare metal recovery for physical and virtual servers
- Integrated D2D2x (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any) data protection, including archival support for disk, tape, SAN and NAS, and archival and replication support for a single tenant private cloud or a multiple tenant public cloud
- Virtual support at the HOS (Host Operating System) level, and virtual and physical support at both the GOS (Guest Operating System) and physical server levels
- Near-continuous data protection with Incremental Forever backup strategy
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Cloud-based disaster recovery
- Appliance management through a single, intuitive pane of glass
- No Limits Licensing, enabling customers to protect rapidly growing IT environments without worrying about "backup taxes," such as fees associated with protected system count, operating systems or applications
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher