|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced that Riverbed® and Amazon Web Services (AWS) have collaborated to deliver cloud performance and data protection solutions to enterprise customers. Riverbed offers a portfolio of performance solutions for the public cloud, including wide area network (WAN) optimization, cloud storage gateways, application delivery and web application firewall security. The portfolio of Riverbed solutions provides enterprise customers innovative solutions for protection of mission critical data and access to applications and data deployed in the public cloud.
- Riverbed will showcase its portfolio of cloud performance solutions at Amazon Web Services' first global customer and partner conference, re:Invent, taking place November 27 - 29 at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Riverbed products available in the AWS include Cloud Steelhead® WAN optimization, Whitewater® cloud storage gateway, Stingray Traffic Manager, Stingray Aptimizer and Stingray Application Firewall.
- Cloud Steelhead extends Riverbed's market-leading WAN optimization to a solution purpose-built for cloud computing environments by including cloud-intelligent features like transparent interception and a portal-based management system. When combined with the elasticity and subscription pricing model of AWS, organizations can easily install and scale within Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environments.
- Whitewater cloud storage gateways eliminate dependence on tape-based data protection systems, improve disaster recovery (DR) readiness, and provide businesses with fast, drop-in access to Amazon cloud storage without changes to the existing backup infrastructure. With advanced deduplication, broad support for popular data protection applications, dual-layer security, and integration with Amazon S3, Whitewater appliances allow organizations to quickly and easily integrate cost-effective cloud storage into their data protection system.
- Riverbed Stingray provides an enhanced offering allowing customers to deploy an application delivery controller (ADC) solution with Web content optimization (WCO) and Web application firewall (WAF) security capabilities. These new features are an expansion of the Stingray offering that was first launched on Amazon EC2 in 2009 using Amazon's DevPay model. In addition, Riverbed recently announced that it intends to make the Stingray Traffic Manager software available with support for Amazon VPC so that enterprise customers can deploy highly available applications either within a single availability zone or spanning a hybrid environment of availability zones and third-party data centers.
"The Riverbed performance solutions are addressing enterprise customer needs as they embark on public cloud deployments in Amazon EC2 and S3. Our solutions enable enterprises that have deployed applications in the public cloud to provide a consistent user experience and increase the recoverability of their data, while reducing costs of IT infrastructure."
- Venugopal Pai, vice president, Global Alliances and Business Development
"ESG research indicates that both enterprise and mid-market organizations are increasing their use of public clouds like Amazon EC2 and S3. However, to ensure these cloud services meet or exceed SLAs, organizations will require technologies to address core performance challenges associated with distance and latency. Partnerships like the one between Amazon and Riverbed serve as an example of how organizations can mitigate the risk from these challenges and enable fast, reliable, secure, and simple access to the public cloud."
- Bob Laliberte, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
The Stingray Traffic Manager software with support for Amazon's Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is expected to be generally be available in Q4 2012.
The complete range of Riverbed solutions for AWS can be found on the Amazon Marketplace at https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace.
- Amazon Web Services Blog
- Riverbed Blog
- Riverbed Community
- Twitter (@Riverbed)
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, statements regarding expected developments in data centers and the implementation of public cloud strategies and other technology frameworks, statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share or grow the market as a whole, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on October 25, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks