|By Business Wire||
|November 27, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
When IT issues arise, business personnel are frequently left in the dark with no control over the situation or its impact. Addressing the problem, BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) reinvented the way IT automates business processes with the new BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution. The software gives business users the access and control they need to quickly make decisions that propel business – anytime, anywhere. See the video overview.
“When I first introduced [BMC Software’s new Control-M V8] to our users, they were blown away with how simple it looks and how easy it is for them to use,” said Dax Johnson, lead technical architect, University of California, Berkeley. “It’s going to take less time for us to train and that helps them do their regular day jobs.” See video testimonial.
Workload automation is the “nerve center” of every modern business. It moves funds between financial institutions around the globe; controls information exchange between airlines; and even helps hospitals manage patient records, surgery schedules and more. By streamlining processes, it plays a critical role in overcoming the complexity of today’s data centers, which are frequently a disparate mix of cloud, distributed, virtual and mainframe systems.
“Organizations are increasingly using automation to automate business processes to compete and differentiate their products, also to lower costs and improve quality at the same time,” said Milind Govekar, Managing Vice President, Gartner, Inc. “While workload automation was once about coordinating the backend of business processes, new mobility and self service capabilities are now enabling business users to play a more active role in ensuring business runs smoothly.”
The BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution delivers new features and functionality that empower both business and IT teams to more easily automate and manage all business processes from a single point of control:
- Speed business and improve service with a new user interface. The redesigned interface makes managing complex, time-sensitive business processes easier – from planning, to execution, to monitoring and analysis. It delivers a management focal point that allows IT and business users to easily stay connected to the processes that run their business, anytime from anywhere via a web browser or app for iOS or Android devices. Self service features give users access to system performance and forecasting information, also delivering early warnings of potential issues. Users can adjust parameters in real time to mitigate the impact on business.
- Simplify team coordination with collaboration tools. In most organizations, a single business process requires input from multiple IT and business constituents, and coordination is frequently inefficient. New virtual workspaces allow teams from diverse disciplines that span the globe to easily collaborate during the creation and maintenance of business processes.
- Reduce costs with increased performance. The BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution is able to support up to five times the business process throughput so that IT can execute jobs faster using less server capacity.
“Today’s transformational technologies not only solve complex IT issues, they ensure that business users can easily consume the services to drive efficiency and capabilities that were once thought impossible,” said John Barnard, CTO of MSM at BMC. “That’s what we set out to provide with Control-M V8. It’s about delivering the power of simple, enabling IT and business users to fully harness every feature so that they can enhance the way they do business – anytime, anywhere.”
The BMC Control-M Community, which hosts thousands of active members, provides a portal for support, education and tips. This Community and new online video library let users choose when and how they want to learn about the software and its capabilities.
The BMC Control-M Workload Automation version 8 solution is immediately available for purchase. For more information, please visit:
- Video: BMC CEO Bob Beauchamp discusses Control-M V8
- BMC Control-M Workload Automation
- Customer testimonial: University of California, Berkeley
- What’s New in BMC Control-M V8?
- Control-M customer success stories
- “Industrializing IT Workload Automation” – Forrester Consulting
- BMC Control-M Community
- Follow @bmcsoftware and @bmccontrolm on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Business runs on IT. IT runs on BMC Software.
Business runs better when IT runs at its best. Tens of thousands of IT organizations around the world -- from small and mid-market businesses to the Global 100 — rely on BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC) to manage their business services and applications across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. BMC helps customers cut costs, reduce risk and achieve business objectives with the broadest choice of IT management solutions, including industry-leading Business Service Management and Cloud Management offerings. For the four fiscal quarters ended September 30, 2012, BMC revenue was approximately $2.2 billion. www.bmc.com
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © Copyright 2012 BMC Software, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher