|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Qwilt, a leading provider of transparent caching and video delivery solutions, today announced that The Tolly Group has certified the performance benchmarks of its QB-100 platform, which successfully classified 20Gbps and delivered 10Gbps of sustained high quality video traffic.
The Tolly Group, a provider of information technology research and product evaluations, was commissioned by Qwilt to test the performance capabilities of its QB-100 platform by recreating the rigorous network conditions commonly seen in a service provider network. The Tolly Group engineers used an Ixia BreakingPoint Systems Storm™ to simulate a high volume of various types of network traffic, while concurrently emulating multiple clients requesting video stream downloads.
Tolly's engineers developed a three-step testing process to benchmark the performance of network traffic classification and video delivery functions. Test results demonstrated that the QB-100 successfully achieved previously unprecedented performance benchmarks:
- Accurately classified 20Gbps of network traffic
- Delivered 10Gbps of sustained high quality video traffic, including both ABR and progressive download types of video files
- Concurrently classified 20Gbps and delivered 5Gbps of cached video traffic
- The QB-Series CPU load remained below 65% throughout the testing process
Download the full report from The Tolly Group here:
"Our testing demonstrates that Qwilt's QB-Series 2RU platform is capable of simultaneously classifying and delivering high volumes of video traffic typical of peak consumption periods in a high performance service provider network," said Kevin Tolly, founder of The Tolly Group. "As video traffic continues to grow and dominate carrier networks worldwide, Qwilt's QB-Series helps operators offload large volumes of OTT video traffic to maintain a robust network environment and prepare their networks for the future of online video."
"The test results further validate our 5x performance advantage, and prove that our product is uniquely positioned to help network operators solve an increasingly growing problem of online video, achieve substantial OPEX and CAPEX savings, and deliver optimal QoE to their subscribers," said Alon Maor, CEO and Co-founder of Qwilt. "We engineered our product exclusively for carrier-grade performance and scalability, and strongly believe that the unprecedented performance advantage, unified key functionality, and seamless out-of-band deployment, make the QB-Series an ideal candidate for operators of all sizes searching for transparent video caching solutions."
The QB-Series: Transparent Caching, Video Delivery, and Analytics Platform
Qwilt's QB-Series is the industry's first fully integrated, purpose-built Universal Video Delivery platform that identifies, monitors, stores and delivers online video in fixed and mobile networks. The QB-Series is a telco-grade, high-performance and high-availability video delivery solution that combines essential transparent caching, optimized video delivery, and analytics functionality with certified carrier-grade commercial hardware platforms. The QB-Series features a non-intrusive, out-of-band deployment scheme for seamless deployment and operation in the most complex and demanding service provider networks.
Qwilt's products help carriers reduce the impact of over-the-top (OTT) video traffic on their networks, improve quality of service for their end users, and prepare their networks for the future of online video. Qwilt's QB-Series combines transparent caching, video delivery, and analytics in a unified, turnkey platform. A growing number of the world's leading operators rely on Qwilt for the most precise video content detection, highest performance and scalability, and unprecedented transparency and control needed to optimize video delivery in carrier networks. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Qwilt is founded and staffed by industry veterans from Cisco and Juniper, and backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Redpoint Ventures and CP Lantern.
About The Tolly Group
The Tolly Group is the industry's leading provider of third-party testing and validation services for IT products, services and components. Tolly's expertise spans security (including but not limited to: endpoint security, NAC, mobile security, backup and recovery and deduplication), networking, wireless, storage, virtualization/ thin clients, switching and cloud services. For more information, please visit www.tolly.com.
Qwilt Press Contact:
1 (650) 249-6521
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London