|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:16 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- As Britons tighten their belts, ordering in has become the new eating out, and figures show it's all about convenience for our instant gratification nation who are utilising internet and mobile devices more than ever to satisfy their takeaway cravings.
As the only food platform in the UK to cover all major mobile markets, hungryhouse.co.uk is revolutionising the takeaway industry. Having seen mobile orders nearly double since the beginning of the year, they now make up 30% of total orders.
With their new Android app, launched earlier this month, the company takes convenience to entirely new levels by allowing people to browse thousands of user-rated dishes, order, and then sync their delivery with the time they arrive home.
To keep up with the demand for on-the-go ordering, hungryhouse says it was essential to introduce the Android app, a move which has made them the first takeaway food site in the UK to go completely mobile. hungryhouse founder Shane Lake states, "Smartphones are radically changing the industry and the way people think about ordering takeaway food, and hungryhouse is very proud to be leading this innovative period of change. Technology and food are what we do best and I think this latest app is a fine example of that."
As hungryhouse partners with over 9,000 restaurants across the UK, you'll be able to satisfy your need for anything from fresh sushi, to your favourite pizza. If you haven't had time to stock the fridge, or you're simply in need of a takeaway treat, the power lies in the palm of your hand.
Mobile technology has been hailed as the saving grace for the UK's £4.8 billion ($7.6 billion) takeaway industry, with the popularity of new technologies reviving the public's taste for takeaway convenience. If the current trend continues, hungryhouse expects that by this time next year over 50% of all orders will be made on handheld devices.
hungryhouse.co.uk's mission is to become the UK's most trusted source for the takeaway industry. More than just a restaurant directory -- it's a convenient and transparent way to find a restaurant, read reviews and order home delivery. The platform, which is part of Delivery Hero, helps restaurateurs keep up with the increasing technological demands of their customers, and through mobile phone apps gives customers a comfortable way to carry thousands of menus around in their pocket!
78 York Street, London, W1H
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks