|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 05:16 AM EST||
MUMBAI, November 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Singular Solution Wins Again for Best Data Protection and Business Continuity
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that CA ARCserve® r16 has beaten Veeam® Backup & Replication™ 6.5 in every category of a recent comparative review, once again earning the Network Testing Labs (NTL) "World Class Award" for best data protection and business continuity solution.
The CA Technologies-commissioned review compared the capabilities of CA ARCserve and Veeam Backup & Replication around image-based backup, file-based backup, replication/high availability and usability.
"In complete contrast to Veeam Backup & Replication, which only supports virtual systems, CA ARCserve is equally at home in both physical and virtual environments," said Barry Nance, President of Network Testing Labs, who has evaluated thousands of hardware and software products for publications like Computerworld, BYTE Magazine, Government Computer News, PC Magazine, Network Computing, and Network World. "The more mature, more reliable and more feature-complete CA ARCserve gave us both file- and image-based backup, demonstrated faster performance, had better SRM reporting, exhibited far greater uptime and availability and cost less to operate."
- The review called CA ARCserve "a single answer for IT organizations that need both physical server and virtual server backup and recovery". It said that in a hybrid physical/virtual environment, Veeam Backup & Replication "forces you to license two different vendors' backup and recovery products - one physical, the other virtual. The two-vendor approach doesn't make sense because it's more expensive and less productive."
- CA ARCserve supports more virtual platforms than Veeam and protects the entire Hyper-V hypervisor host, while Veeam Backup & Replication does not. "CA ARCserve can thus recover an entire virtual host, as a single entity."
- In comparing image-based backup functionality, the reviewer noted that "CA ARCserve's I2 (Infinite Incremental)™ is faster than Veeam Backup & Replication's synthetic full backup process."
- Unlike Veeam Backup & Replication, CA ARCserve supports tape and provides a wealth of file-based backup features. CA ARCserve is also "fast, reliable and frugal in its use of storage space, offering built-in data deduplication at no additional cost."
- CA ARCserve includes a High Availability component for companies needing maximum system uptime and availability for business-critical servers and applications. "Simply put, Veeam Backup & Replication lacks CA ARCserve's feature-rich, mature ability to replicate, monitor and automatically fail over critical servers," according to the report.
"Organisations are looking for comprehensive solutions that can safeguard all of their data and application assets regardless of the platform on which they reside," said Steve Fairbanks, vice president, Product Delivery, Data Management, CA Technologies. "This new review clearly demonstrates the key strength of CA ARCserve as a singular solution that protects customers' complex environments, while at the same time being easy to purchase, own and manage."
The review follows other recent studies commissioned by CA Technologies in which CA ARCserve r16 outperformed Symantec™ Backup Exec™ 2012 and CommVault® Simpana® 9.
Product Brief: CA ARCserve r16: Hybrid Data Protection
Product Brief: CA ARCserve Solution: Top 10 Benefits, 5 Reasons Why
About Network Testing Labs
Network Testing Labs performs independent technology research and product evaluations. Its network laboratory connects myriads of types of computers and virtually every kind of network device in an ever-changing variety of ways. Its authors are networking experts who write clearly and plainly about complex technologies and products.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at http://www.ca.com/.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2012 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. CommVault and Simpana are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. Symantec and Backup Exec are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Microsoft and Hyper-V are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. Statements contained herein are for your informational purposes only and based on assumptions and estimates that are discussed more fully in the Network Testing Labs report. CA and Network Testing Lab are business partners and as part of this relationship, CA commissioned Network Testing Labs to perform research analysis as part of a paid engagement. CA assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the Network Testing Labs report. The information and results illustrated here are based upon the tester's experiences with the referenced software products in the described test environment. Use of such software products in identical, similar or different environments, in any particular instance, may produce different results.
Primary Media Contact: Pallavi Bordoloi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9867696467
Secondary Media Contact: Nikita Nadwani, email@example.com, 91-9167443578
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher