|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- HighCloud Security, a leader in cloud encryption and key management software, today announced that it has released version 2.0 of its industry-recognized data and virtual machine security software, creating the first cloud encryption solution that lets enterprises and cloud service providers lock down data in all cloud infrastructures: private, hybrid and public.
As organizations seek to take advantage of the elasticity and IT cost savings of the cloud, data security is often the gating factor. Virtualization, the foundation of cloud infrastructures, introduces new security and compliance challenges. Data becomes co-mingled in physical hardware, so cloud administrators have much broader access, and backups and snapshots can leave sensitive data highly vulnerable. With HighCloud Security, enterprises and cloud service providers can significantly reduce attack vectors mitigating data privacy risks, ensuring compliance with data privacy mandates like HIPAA/HITECH and PCI DSS, and enabling a secure move to the cloud.
"As a Cloud Service Provider, it's critical that I can ensure data security and privacy for our customers' data," said Jeff Oliver, CEO of Varinsic. "We selected HighCloud Security because the software is easy to deploy, highly flexible, and cost-effective."
"It is HighCloud Security's vision to de-mystify encryption, making it drop-dead easy to deploy and manage across all cloud infrastructures," said Bill Hackenberger, CEO of HighCloud Security. "The launch of HighCloud 2.0 showcases our commitment to deliver a security solution that supports how organizations want to work with the cloud."
About HighCloud Security
While private and hybrid cloud infrastructures were addressed in previous versions, HighCloud's new Data Security Module adds key functionality that lets customers lock down virtual machines so they can be deployed in any public cloud, easily and cost-effectively, while ensuring data is secure from creation through decommissioning. HighCloud Security's Key and Policy Manager has also been expanded, providing centralized, policy-based key management across all HighCloud-secured environments. HighCloud Security 2.0 is available now, and is immediately accessible through both freemium and free trial programs.
For more information, please visit www.highcloudsecurity.com.
Phone: 518.465.8829 x 211
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London