|By Marketwired .||
|November 26, 2012 11:00 PM EST||
BELLEVUE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/26/12 -- BSQUARE Corporation (NASDAQ: BSQR), a leading enabler of smart, connected devices, today announced availability of the new Bsquare Board Support Package for Freescale i.MX 6. The new Board Support Package (BSP) enables streamlined development on the Freescale development platform, which is ideally suited for applications such as human machine interfaces in automotive, healthcare, industrial and in-flight entertainment markets.
The Bsquare BSP includes a complete set of drivers for the Freescale i.MX 6 application processor (AP) system-on-chip (SOC) plus drivers for peripherals included on the Freescale SABRE Lite development board. The BSP provides key features to developers working with the i.MX 6 SABRE Lite that allows them to take full advantage of Windows® Embedded Compact 7 operating system:
- Multi-core support for the ARM® Cortex-A9 based i.MX 6 AP
- Support for up to 3GB of physical RAM
- Multiple display solutions including HDMI, LVDS, and RGB
- MIPI CSI-2 and parallel interface support for OV564x camera modules
- Hardware accelerated video decoding
- Vivante GC320 hardware accelerated graphics
- OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 and DirectDraw integration
- Support for the Bsquare HTML5 Rendering Engine
Bsquare is distributing both a Binary and a Source Code edition of the BSP, which may be customized to support unique hardware requirements and software implementations. Bsquare complements its BSP with end-to-end development, integration, testing, support and training services that accelerate time-to-market for new embedded solutions. The BSP supports the Bsquare HTML5 Rendering Engine, making this the ideal platform for customers wanting to use HTML5 to create unique user experiences on Windows Embedded Compact 7.
"The combination of Windows Embedded Compact 7 and our new BSP enables customers to bring devices to market more quickly, increase development team productivity and optimize device performance," said John Traynor, senior vice president of products for Bsquare. "This new BSP will help customers deliver a whole new range of devices, and can be combined with other Bsquare products and services to create unique solutions in automotive, healthcare and other markets."
Bsquare will demonstrate the features of the new BSP at SPS IPC Drives in Nuremberg, Germany November 27 - 29 at the Company's stand in the Microsoft booth, Hall 7A, Stand 150. Customers wanting to view the new BSP can also meet with Bsquare at the Designing with Freescale Tech Day, Milton Keynes, on December 5.
For more information about the new Bsquare Board Support Package for Freescale iMX 6 visit: http://www.bsquare.com/freescale-bsps.aspx.
Bsquare, a global leader in embedded solutions, applies experience and expertise on leading platforms to create new connections with customers, new business models and to enable new ways of working and communicating. Bsquare serves customers by forging connections among the partners, people, tools, and technology needed to create smart connected devices. For more information, visit: www.bsquare.com.
BSQUARE is a registered trademark of BSQUARE Corporation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2163355
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London