|By Marketwired .||
|November 26, 2012 07:10 PM EST||
REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- Seeking Smiles announces that its first annual special event to benefit children at the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre (WRC) was a sellout raising over $5,600. On Saturday, November 24, 2012, Seeking Smiles hosted a "Teddy Bear Tea" in the Victoria Tea Room at the Hotel Saskatchewan. The event also featured a silent auction with exclusive items to help raise additional funds for the organization.
Michaela Markwart, Seeking Smiles founder, was enthusiastic about the event. "We support the vision of the Wascana Rehabilitation Centre, so this is a wonderful way to support the Children's Programs at WRC and raise the profile of Seeking Smiles."
Jeanette Kelly, development officer at the Hospitals of Regina Foundation tweeted:
"Michaela Markwart's Teddy Bear tea @hotel Sask a great successful fundraiser for children's program at WRC thanks Michaela!"
The event was generously sponsored by All-Rite Plumbing and Heating. Owner Dwayne Walbaum commented, "We are proud to be the sponsor of this unique event. The passion that Michaela and Seeking Smiles bring in executing their mission to provide much needed support for the children of Regina is truly impressive. Bravo Michaela!" All-Rite Plumbing and Heating covered all event costs allowing for 100% of funds raised to go directly to benefit the children at WRC.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?