|By Marketwired .||
|November 26, 2012 04:41 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 11/26/12 -- Reflecting upon the life and work regarding realism painter James Van Fossan, Aiste Parmasto, Fine Art Consultant with Art d' Art, LLC, has written: "It is said that an artist paints what he sees. If that is true, then the world that Van Fossan sees is void of nefarious, quotidian vices and instead is brimming with beauty, kindness, and personal resolve. As a painter of people, he buttresses himself against the insuperable task of creating an illusion of likeness with the entelechy of his talent."
The World of Art Showcase is proud to include the Vail, Colorado-based painter at the highly-anticipated celebration of the visual arts and artists (www.worldofartshowcase.com) at the Wynn Las Vegas December 20-22, 2012.
Since leaving the corporate world to focus on his art full-time seven years ago, the self-taught Van Fossan has come to command some of the highest recognitions in realism. In 2009, he was invited to join the prestigious International Guild of Realism, and he is now distinguished by the acclaimed international museum and salon, Art Renewal Center, as an "Associate Living Master."
Other accolades he has received include: 2010/2011/2012 Finalist, Art Renewal Center's International Figurative Category, ARC Salon, Glenham, New York; the 2011 Collectors' Choice Award, International Guild of Realism Exhibition, Santa Fe, New Mexico; and the solo exhibitions "Rhythms of Grace" (Cathedral Center for the Arts, Phoenix, 2011) and "Face Forward: A Benefit for Mending the Soul Ministries" (Rive Gauche Art Gallery, Scottsdale, 2009).
His work has also been included in numerous group exhibitions, including the 7th Annual International Guild of Realism Salon in Carmel, CA (2012); the 83rd Annual American Artists Professional League Grand National Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, New York, NY (2011); the International Guild of Realism 6th Annual Exhibition, Sage Creek Gallery, Santa Fe (2011); the Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art, Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ (2011), and "Martinis & Masterpieces," The Children's Museum of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ (2011).
One of the most influential people in Van Fossan's development has been Duffy Sheridan, who introduced James to oil painting through casual studio sessions, where they discussed art and its philosophies more than they put brushes to canvas.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2163146
LUCK Media & Marketing
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks