|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 03:30 PM EST||
ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC President & CEO Michael J. Premo announced today that IATA Senior Vice President, Industry and Financial Services, Aleks Popovich, has accepted an invitation to join ARC's Travel Executive Council. "We established the Council earlier this year to bring together senior leaders of the travel agency community with ARC to network, sponsor dialogue with thought leaders on industry challenges, and ensure ARC focuses its energies on the priorities of our largest agency customers. Aleks made a substantial contribution to our inaugural meeting in April by contributing his insight and knowledge. I'm pleased he has agreed to accept our invitation to formally join as a regular member."
Popovich commented, "Industry outreach is a priority for IATA. Being asked to join this select group of executives is yet another step in growing important cross-industry relationships. We are a complex and interconnected value chain. Working together is the most effective way to make progress on the many issues that affect us all. I'm delighted to accept Mike's invitation and look forward to contributing positively to the Council's dialogue."
The ARC Travel Executive Council includes 13 CEOs and Senior Executives from ARC's 15 largest travel agencies.
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel network with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data and analytics. Nearly 16,000 travel agencies and 190 airlines use ARC's settlement services, which in 2011 totaled more than $82 billion. As the industry's gold standard of accreditation, ARC allows participating agencies and carriers to focus on what's important – increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, visit www.arccorp.com.
©2012 Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks