|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 02:17 PM EST||
JENKINTOWN, Pa., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Where: The Connelly House
1212 Ludlow St. Philadelphia
When: Tuesday, 11/27 9am-12pm
We all recognize Black Friday and Cyber Monday as days to shop for bargains, and flood the malls and online shopping sites. Jenkintown Building Services is joining a new national initiative called #GivingTuesday, a day to give back to the community in varied and creative ways and develop giving opportunities.
JENKINTOWN will perform a service project on Tuesday, Nov. 27th, for the Connelly House, rappelling the 8 story building and gifting free window cleaning. Connelly House, a 79-unit residence, is the first LEED certified affordable housing facility in Philadelphia. It is a partnership between Project H.O.M.E. and Bethesda Project and provides services and housing to formerly homeless men and women in Center City Philadelphia.
Marty Tuzman, CEO of JENKINTOWN, states, "I recently heard about #GivingTuesday and its call to service. I immediately thought it was a perfect counter balance to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday is the opposite of shopping. It asks people and organizations to find a way they can give back. It is a reminder for us to pay attention during this holiday season to the meaningful and unique ways we can each uniquely help others and the world we live in."
#GivingTuesday is a new national initiative that has become increasingly popular since it was launched by the 92nd St Y, in New York, less than a year ago. It encourages gifting, volunteering and other ways to give back to the community. Over 1600 partners have joined. Its supporters, also called "partners" are from all around the country and from all three sectors -- private industry, charitable sector and the government. The partnerships are listed on the web site, www.givingtuesday.org.
JENKINTOWN is joining as a partner to this effort.
"I hope this new initiative becomes a part of how Philadelphians plan for the holiday season. I will be spreading the word among the companies and organizations who work with JENKINTOWN and encourage them to get involved. I bet that by next year, we will be hearing about hundreds of projects that will be taking place in our region. I am happy to add this initiative to the varied ways JENKINTOWN gives to the community," added Tuzman.
Jenkintown Building Services is an 80 year old company that provides varied building services, including window cleaning, power washing, facade services and post construction cleaning.
For more information about #GivingTuesday, go to www.givingtuesday.org.
Contact: Marty Tuzman 215 432 4401
SOURCE Jenkintown Building Services
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London