|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 12:36 PM EST||
Statement by Marion C. Blakey, President and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association,
in support of the on-going negotiations to avoid the fiscal cliff
ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- "On behalf of the aerospace and defense industry, which employs more than one million workers across all 50 states, we are encouraged that there are serious negotiations occurring between the White House and Congressional leadership to avoid our nation's imminent fiscal cliff. It is imperative that we set aside the looming disaster that sequestration would bring, both to our national security and our economy, and at the same time provide our country with a path to fundamental fiscal reform that provides stability and addresses the drivers of our deficit and our debt."
"Last year, significant reductions were made to discretionary spending as part of the Budget Control Act. We urge negotiators to focus on a balanced approach that considers all reasonable solutions and ultimately produces a plan that also includes adequate revenue and entitlement reform. Our country's long-term national security and financial health depend on it."
Founded in 1919 shortly after the birth of flight, the Aerospace Industries Association is the most authoritative and influential trade association representing the nation's leading manufacturers and suppliers of civil, military and business aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aircraft systems, space systems, aircraft engines, missiles, homeland and cybersecurity systems, materiel and related components, equipment services and information technology.
SOURCE Aerospace Industries Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks