|By Business Wire||
|November 26, 2012 09:46 AM EST||
Razoo.com, the fastest growing crowdfunding platform for causes, is urging everyone to participate in Giving Tuesday on Tuesday, November 27th - the day after Cyber Monday. Razoo has released new survey results that show more than 9 in 10 U.S. adults (94%) have donated to others – and that doing so is one of the top three “feel good” activities (45%)1 – behind being in love (56%) and hugging their children (48%) - but beating out eating gourmet meals (27%) or working out at the gym (24%).
The national survey conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Razoo of 2,059 U.S. adults during the week of November 8th – 12th found that 94% of U.S. adults say they have donated to those in need. The survey also showed that giving to others is one of the most pleasurable things someone can do. A majority of those who have ever donated to those in need feel hope in that they are making a difference (60%), followed by feeling satisfied (48%), feeling good about themselves (43%), and feeling excited (28%). Mixed in with the good feelings – 17% feel frustrated because they wish they could give more, and 6% feel guilty that they have what others do not have.
People find donating to others to be one of their three favorite “feel good” activities2. When asked what life events and activities give them the most pleasure from a given list, they responded:
- Being in love (56%)
- Hugging my children (48%)
- Donating to others in need (45%)
Giving Tuesday Aims to Balance Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Razoo is participating in “Giving Tuesday” through its online giving platform that lets anyone give to any 501c3 charity of their choice quickly and easily. Donors can go to www.razoo.com to contribute to a charity of their choice or start their own fundraiser to raise even more funds, starting Tuesday, November 27 and continuing throughout the holiday season.
“Giving Tuesday is a powerful counterpart to the massive shopping days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday,” said Lesley Mansford, CEO of Razoo. “It is a great way to remind people to balance holiday shopping sprees with holiday giving sprees. And, while most people complain about the hassles of Black Friday and Cyber Monday – they actually love all the good feelings that come from giving. That’s a win-win for everyone.”
“Our goal for Giving Tuesday is to make it an official giving day equal in stature to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday receiving days,” said spokesperson Amy Johnson. “We’d like to see everyone jump onboard this important initiative, and certainly Razoo’s online giving platform has the ability to help us do that. The fact that this new research shows that donors get great pleasure and satisfaction from giving makes Giving Tuesday that much more meaningful for donors and recipients alike.”
The survey also reported the following insights into people’s giving preferences:
- Almost all (98%) U.S. adults think there are causes that people can relate to and in turn make them more likely to donate to
- A majority of U.S. adults (67%) think people relate especially to child welfare causes
- Nearly half of U.S. adults (49%) think people relate especially to animal causes
- Over half of U.S. adults who have ever donated to those in need feel that their giving truly will make a difference, with women (65%) feeling even more so than men (54%)
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Razoo from November 8-12, 2012 among 2,059 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
For complete survey methodology, including raw data and weighting variables, please contact Dan Jackson at email@example.com or 415-442-4032.
Razoo is a venture funded social enterprise committed to transforming people’s lives through meaningful giving. Its online platform facilitates crowdsourced fundraising for individuals and nonprofits. Razoo is also the leader in community giving days, whose platform has enabled the raising of millions of dollars for local communities around the country. With offices in San Francisco and Washington, DC, Razoo is seed funded by the Legatum Group. The name Razoo is of Australian and New Zealand origin. It refers to a coin of little value: when combined, these small contributions make a huge difference. For more information on Razoo, go to www.razoo.com; follow us on Twitter at @Razoo, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/razoogiving
1 Out of a given list of activities
2 Out of a given list of activities
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher