|By Marketwire .||
|November 26, 2012 08:10 AM EST||
TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/26/12 -- To mark Financial Literacy Month, BMO Bank of Montreal is releasing a series of financial tips throughout November. As part of BMO's commitment to 'Making Money Make Sense', the tips are designed to help individuals and families save and manage their day-to-day finances more effectively.
BMO's Tip of the Day: Savvy students know to pay off their credit card balance in full each month and take advantage of rewards and discounts to save money.
"When used responsibly, credit cards are a convenient and secure payment method that can save students time and money. According to BMO's 2012 Student Survey, the majority of students are aware of this and get top grades when it comes to managing their credit card," said Nick Mastromarco, Director, BMO Bank of Montreal. "Most students pay off their balances every month, track their spending, collect rewards and take advantage of the student discounts associated with their card."
The no-fee BMO SPC MasterCard provides student cardholders with discounts of 10 per cent to 15 per cent at hundreds of fashion, food, entertainment and lifestyle retailers across Canada. It also provides a choice of CashBack or AIR MILES reward miles. A student who uses a BMO SPC Credit Card to make purchases of $200 a month at participating retailers could earn rewards and discounts worth up to $381 per year.
"CFEE commends BMO's ongoing efforts to support Financial Literacy in Canada and promote ways in which Canadians can increase their competence and confidence when managing their personal finances on a day-to-day basis," said Gary Rabbior, President, Canadian Foundation for Economic Education (CFEE).
BMO Financial Literacy Month Tips
November 5: Space out payments to avoid cash-flow problems.
November 10: Understand what you can hold in your RRSP.
November 17: Take advantage of spousal RRSPs.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at July 31, 2012, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks