|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
LINKOPING, Sweden, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- According to the Chief CT Technologist of RAS, Shane Shepherd, "We performed side-by-side comparisons between Sapheneia's Clarity and the solution available from our original equipment manufacturer, (OEM), of our CT scanners. Our radiologists agreed ClarityTM performed as well as the OEM solution when comparing image quality at lower doses. Additionally, Sapheneia was able to provide us a custom solution to cater to the varying requirements of our radiologist sub-specialty groups, and our variety of CT equipment".
Richard Smillie, Sales Manager for Sapheneia Global in the USA says, " We are proud of the results achieved at RAS. They are an excellent example for all medical facilities around the country as to what can be achieved regarding the lowering of CT radiation dose. The exceedingly high level of social awareness, which revolves around radiation dose to patients, has driven providers to revisit their radiation safety practices. RAS has led in these efforts. When ClarityTM was implemented, RAS had already taken measures to reduce dose via the ALARA, (as low as reasonably achievable), principal. With Clarity's iterative processing, they were able to reduce radiation dose as low as an additional 50% beyond what was previously achievable."
RAS is Northern California's premier provider of specialty healthcare services. Our core services include diagnostic radiology, interventional/neurointerventional radiology, radiation oncology, PET / nuclear medicine, hematology / medical oncology, gynecologic oncology, urology, and thoracic / vascular surgery. Established in 1917, RAS provides quality healthcare to patients through multiple outpatient locations in four Sacramento area counties. RAS has over 900 employees, including physicians, health-care professionals and support staff.
Sapheneia is a global, ISO-certified imaging services company specializing in diagnostic and analytical image processing solutions. Sapheneia's mission is to provide medical image optimization products to promote higher diagnostic confidence, greater patient and medical staff safety, and improved cost-effectiveness of medical imaging. Sapheneia's ClarityTM OEM Solutions, which are manufactured according to ISO 13485, enhance the diagnostic quality of images based on settings optimized by the radiologist. This enables lower radiation dose exposures while simultaneously providing radiologists with the diagnostic confidence previously available only when reading images at full dose.
VP, Global Sales and Marketing
Phone +1 646 209-6119
Phone: +46 73 801 19 95
For more information, visit our website at www.sapheneia.com
Global Headquarters: Mjardevi Science Park • Teknikringen 8, SE 583 30 • Linkoping, Sweden •
Media Contact: Rick Sbordone@sapheneia.com Sbordone Sapheneia, +16462086119, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Cclear Technologies LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London