|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 05:25 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Nerdcore hiphop isn't the easiest genre to break into. For every Random/Mega Ran, Adam WarRock, and DJ Frontalot, there are a host of aspiring rappers of mixed talent all trying to make a name for themselves.
Upcoming nerdcore Freakyy "The Legacy" is one nerdcore artist who deserves to succeed. Why? Because his entire purpose for rapping is to give back to his community by teaching them that it's ok to be a nerd no matter what color your skin is. Hardly groundbreaking stuff for a nerdcore artist, but given that Freakyy hails from Baltimore, MD it's a much needed message for inner city youth to hear.
Freakyy's first single Popular (a remix available for free on SoundCloud) samples no less a song than Wicked's wildly popular song... err... Popular and it's pretty damn catchy. Putting Kristin Chenoweth's soprano vocals to a solid hip-hop beat is a bit of inspired musical genius, and I guarantee this song will be burrowed in your brain before the two minute mark. Much like how Random refuses to curse in his music, Freakyy is about as clean of a rapper as they come. In a recent press release, Freakyy made his position on mainstream hip-hop abundantly clear:
"I believe that Broadway Musicals like "Wicked" helped to educate me and played a huge role in building my self esteem as a kid. I don't support any artist whose music is detrimental to children. Teaching these kids that it's ok to disrespect women, deal/do drugs, twerk, and some more stuff. In my eyes, these artists are taking away from our communities, destroying our youth & messing up our culture."
The music video for Popular features children from Hagerstown, MD and made its Official debut on VEVO Wednesday (11/21). If you're interested in keeping an eye and your ears on Freakyy, follow him on Facebook or visit his website @ www.freakyythelegacy.com.
Download "Popular" for Free on SoundCloud - http://snd.sc/QcpVmx
Follow Freakyy on Twitter - https://twitter.com/ForTheLoserz
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZewpkENjLR8&feature=share&list=ULZewpkENjLR8
Media Contact: Olivia Dikambi I AM PR Agency, 7186761255, Olivia@IAMPRAgency.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE RockBaby Entertainment
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks