|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
TORTOLA, British Virgin Islands, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Ogier British Virgin Islands (BVI) announced today it received tier one rankings under this year's Legal 500 series released November 21, repeating its 2011 leading position as the only BVI firm ranked in the top tier across all categories.
"We are delighted we have once again been ranked the leading firm in the BVI and our team members have received such stellar reviews in the latest Legal 500," said Ray Wearmouth, Managing Partner, Ogier BVI. "The top tier rankings for our practices and people are a reflection of the firm's hard work and commitment to delivering world-class, high quality, fully integrated legal and fiduciary services to a diverse range of clients around the world."
Widely regarded as the world's largest referral guide for legal services, the Legal 500 covers 100 countries and has been published annually for 25 years. Highlights from Ogier BVI's Legal 500 evaluation for 2012 are as follows:
- In corporate and commercial, the Legal 500 noted Ogier BVI's work advising such blue-chip clients as TPG Capital, one of the world's largest private equity firms, and CEMEX, one of the world's leading cement and building materials companies. In talent, Ray Wearmouth and Simon Schilder, Partner and Head of Ogier BVI's Investment Funds Practice, secured 'recommended' status. Senior Associates Lee Osborne and Marie-Claire Fudge were also identified as key practitioners.
- In dispute resolution, the Legal 500 BVI rankings reported Ogier's, "professionalism is beyond question, as is its local knowledge and expertise," and cited the firm's ongoing involvement in a complex instruction brought by the liquidators of Fairfield Funds, a master feeder to Madoff, as a high-profile example of its work. Ogier BVI Partner and Head of Litigation Michael Fay achieved 'recommended' standing, while Advocate Ray Ng was described as a "first-class lawyer."
- In trusts/private client, the Legal 500 stated Ogier BVI, "not only meets the highest standards but is also a very pragmatic practice," acknowledging its work on behalf of ultra high net worth families and individuals. Ogier BVI Partner and Head of the Private Client Practice Zac Lucas obtained 'recommended' status, while Ray Ng and Associate Clare-Louise Whiley were also singled out for their expertise.
Ogier is the only offshore firm offering legal and fiduciary services that has a substantive presence in the four leading offshore centres: the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey. Ogier was recently voted as the Offshore Law Firm of the Year 2012 at The Lawyer Awards (UK) and picked up the same accolade at the 2012 Chambers Europe Awards. Details on Ogier BVI's people and capabilities can be found at http://www.ogier.com.
For further information:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks