|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 12:07 AM EST||
- With the acquisition of Wieland Dental, Ivoclar Vivadent strengthens its position in the field of all-ceramics.
SCHAAN, Liechtenstein, Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ivoclar Vivadent, headquartered in Schaan, Liechtenstein, announced the acquisition of Wieland Dental today. The acquisition is planned to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2012. The transaction is still subject to approval by the German Federal Cartel Office. Ivoclar Vivadent will acquire the shares of BWK holding company and of the Wieland founding family. Wieland Dental, which employs 190 staff, achieved a sales volume of around 60 million euros in 2011.
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the leading dental enterprises in the world with a comprehensive range of products and systems for dentists and dental technicians. All-ceramics is one of the core competences of the company. With the takeover of Wieland Dental, the enterprise strengthens its position in the field of all-ceramic product systems. Robert Ganley, CEO of Ivoclar Vivadent, comments on the takeover: "Wieland Dental is a leading European manufacturer in the field of dental products with market leading brands and a strong sales team. We are very pleased to have them join the Ivoclar Vivadent Group."
Wieland Dental, domiciled in Pforzheim, Germany, is one of the leading suppliers in the dental technology market. With the wide array of products ranging from CAD/CAM materials to dental alloys and veneering ceramics up to electroplating, the company offers individual laboratory concepts and systems solutions.
The products of Wieland Dental will represent an important addition to the product portfolio of Ivoclar Vivadent. Wieland Dental is to continue operations under its existing name and management.
Nicole van Oers
Director Corporate Communications
Ivoclar Vivadent AG
Dr. Alexander Baer
Engel & Zimmermann AG
Am Schlosspark 15
82131 Gauting b. Munchen
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks