|By PR Newswire||
|November 25, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
TORONTO, Nov. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries ("CSCS") announces the launch of the Excellence in Governance Awards/Prix d'excellence en gouvernance (EGs). The inaugural awards ceremony will be held on August 18, 2013 in Halifax Nova Scotia at the opening dinner of the CSCS 15th annual conference.
The CSCS EG awards recognize the important contribution governance professionals make in terms of best practices that build and sustain shareholder and stakeholder value. The awards underscore the critical role that good governance plays in sustaining the value of Canada's public companies, crown corporations, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations, contributing to the competitiveness of Canada's economy and its capital markets.
CSCS is committed to support and enhance the role of the corporate secretary and governance professionals in Canada. The Society's members work on the front lines of governance and the organization is well positioned through reputation, influence and representation, to celebrate the practice of good governance in Canada.
The Excellence in Governance Awards jury panel is composed of seasoned and well-respected governance experts from across Canada. CSCS will announce the membership of the jury in a separate public statement and will be seeking nominations in early 2013.
Candidates eligible for nomination include individuals who play a role in the governance of their organizations, and those who have made a significant contribution to governance in other capacities, including public service.
CSCS will seek nominations from the public in the following award categories:
Best sustainability, ethics and environmental governance programs
Best use of technology in governance, risk and compliance
Best approach to board and committee support
Best shareholder or stakeholder engagement by a governance team
Best overall corporate governance
Best approach to board diversity
Joyce Borden-Reed CSCS distinguished contribution award
- Peter Dey Lifetime achievement award
CSCS expects that the recognition winners and nominees alike will gain from these awards will further their careers, raise awareness for the key role played by governance professionals and inspire others to follow their example.
About the Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries (CSCS)
The Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries is recognized as the most important organization for corporate governance professionals in Canada.
As the principal advocate for those who work in corporate governance, CSCS strives to enhance the public's awareness of the importance of good governance. CSCS is the voice of corporate governance professionals in Canada and participates with other stakeholders, including capital markets participants, government bodies and regulators, in fostering a governance environment that sets Canada apart in the world. CSCS supports its membership with continuing education and networking opportunities that are second to none.
SOURCE Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London