|By PR Newswire||
|November 25, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25: STATE AND LOCAL REVENUE
Profile America — Sunday, November 25th. The ups and downs of the nation's general economic situation have had a great impact on state and local government revenues. In the year between 2009 and 2010, state and local governments brought in nearly $3.2 trillion in revenue — that's an annual increase of 51.4 percent. In five states, spending on education comprised more than a third of total spending — Arkansas, Texas, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. And New Hampshire led the nation in state and local property tax revenue as a percentage of general revenue at just over one-third. Two other states, Connecticut and New Jersey, had percentages of more than 25 percent. You can find more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau, online at www.census.gov.
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Press Release, CB12-178
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks