|By PR Newswire||
|November 24, 2012 06:18 PM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones. This announcement follows yesterday's Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed a 221% year-over-year increase in Thanksgiving Day mobile sales.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
The Index had the following Black Friday results:
- 3,513,367 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 20,708,053 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 50,905 orders (69% iOS; 29% Android)
- $78.92 average order value ($80.37 iOS; $75.43 Android)
- 20.44% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
Compared to 2011, the Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday showed the following year-over-year gains for the 26 mobile sites and apps tracked during both periods:
- Visits increased 101%
- Page views increased 99%
- Average order value decreased 7.46%
- Mobile sales increased 128%
"While most industry reports capture overall mobile usage, a true chasm of analytical performance data exists between how people use mobilized and non-mobilized websites. Lumping both formats together in the same report skews usage data, since engagement is much higher on mobilized sites when there's no need constantly pinch and zoom," said Chris Mason, co-founder and CEO of Branding Brand. "We are finding that, if you build a mobile site, the mobile dollars are coming much faster."
Branding Brand will release an extended report on the entire Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday period, including data on peak mobile shopping times, in the upcoming week.
ABOUT BRANDING BRAND: Branding Brand powers mobile commerce sites and apps for the world's leading retailers, including American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, The Children's Place, Costco, Crate & Barrel, Dick's Sporting Goods, Drugstore.com, Eastern Mountain Sports, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Spanx, Steve Madden, Timberland, and Tumi.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, it is the largest and fastest-growing mobile commerce platform in the industry. It is also a Google Commerce Search Partner, Google Wallet Partner, and PayPal Channel Partner. For more information, visit http://www.brandingbrand.com.
SOURCE Branding Brand
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher