|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 08:42 PM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
The Index had the following Thanksgiving Day results:
- 3,086,154 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 17,364,602 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 29,880 orders (70% iOS; 29% Android)
- $81 average order value ($81 iOS; $80 Android)
- 20.25% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
Compared to 2011, the Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index showed the following year-over-year gains for the 26 mobile sites and apps tracked during both periods:
- Visits increased 103%
- Page views increased 133%
- Average order value increased 19%
- Mobile sales increased 221%
"While Thanksgiving Day has traditionally been the quiet before the storm, 2012 was different," said Chris Mason, co-founder and CEO of Branding Brand. "This year, many retailers opened on Thanksgiving or started their Black Friday deals early online. Those who were not at home turned to their phones to make sure they didn't miss out."
Branding Brand will release the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday on Saturday, November 24. An extended report on the entire Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday period, including data on peak mobile shopping times, will be released in the upcoming week.
ABOUT BRANDING BRAND: Branding Brand powers mobile commerce sites and apps for the world's leading retailers, including American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, The Children's Place, Costco, Crate & Barrel, Dick's Sporting Goods, Drugstore.com, Eastern Mountain Sports, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Spanx, Steve Madden, Timberland, and Tumi.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, it is the largest and fastest-growing mobile commerce platform in the industry. It is also a Google Commerce Search Partner, Google Wallet Partner, and PayPal Channel Partner. For more information, visit http://www.brandingbrand.com.
SOURCE Branding Brand
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher