|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
CRANBROOK, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- Today, David Wilks, Member of Parliament for Kootenay - Columbia, on behalf of the Honourable Lynne Yelich, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, announced federal funding for St. Mary's Indian Band (Aq'am) under the Harper Government's Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund (CIIF).
"Our Government, through the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund, is continuing to support communities across Canada," said MP Wilks. "This project will create jobs, growth and long-term prosperity in our community."
Federal funding of more than $59,000 will help the St.Mary's Indian Band upgrade the septic and wastewater system at their village site near Cranbrook.
"This funding will assist the community in the implementation of a new Wastewater Storage System for the newly constructed Aqamnik Education Centre which offers Educational Programming from Kindergarten to Grade 7," said Michelle Shortridge, Manager of Housing and Capital Projects for St.Mary's. "The new wastewater system is an alternative solution for in ground septic disposal, and we're pleased that today's funding recognized the importance of this project."
CIIF supports, on a cost-shared basis, repairs and improvements to existing community infrastructure accessible to the public. Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is delivering the Fund in Western Canada with an allocation of $46.2 million over two years.
Since 2006, the Harper Government, through WD, has invested in job-creating small and medium-sized businesses, aerospace, marine and defence industries, and supported innovative entrepreneurs in pursuing emerging markets. By continuing to promote new economic opportunities, WD is helping to create jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity.
A Stronger West. A Stronger Canada.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Regional Communications Manager
Western Economic Diversification Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia
Capital Projects Manager
WD Toll-Free Number: 1-888-338-WEST (9378)
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-877-303-3388
WD Website: www.wd-deo.gc.ca
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks