|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 04:30 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- The Automotive Industries Association (AIA) of Canada is pleased to announce that its President, Marc Brazeau, was promoted to President and Chief Executive Officer of the Association today.
"The Board could not be more pleased to announce this change to Mr. Brazeau's title" said John MacDonald, Chairman of the Board, AIA Canada. "Marc has been a strong leader, with his National office team by his side, for our over 900 members coast-to-coast. He has been a competent member of the Association for 16 years now, and his new role as CEO will better allow him to steer the direction of AIA moving forward and communicate the needs of our many industry partners as one voice."
Marc Brazeau started with AIA as Vice President in 1997 and became President in 2008. As President, he has worked tirelessly to reach members across the country to strengthen AIA's role as a national trade association. He has also made strides in advancing the aftermarket industry's relationship with the federal government and continues to push for stronger partnerships with each of the provincial and territorial governments in Canada.
Mr. Brazeau's change in title is effective immediately and will officially be announced to the association's membership this evening at AIA's 70th anniversary gala being held at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto, Ontario.
About AIA Canada
The Automotive Industries Association of Canada (AIA) is a national trade association representing the automotive aftermarket industry in Canada. The aftermarket is a $19.4 billion industry that employs 420,000 people. The industry is composed of companies that manufacture, distribute and install automotive replacement parts, accessories, tools, and equipment. AIA represents manufacturers, re-builders, manufacturers agents, warehouse distributors, national distributors, buying groups, wholesalers, machine shops, retailers, and through its councils, the interests of collision repair shops and automotive service and repair outlets. AIA's mandate is to promote, educate and represent members in all areas that impact the growth and prosperity of the industry. Visit us on the web at www.aiacanada.com.
800-808-2920, ext 233
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks