|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 02:36 PM EST||
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- Five participants from PowerStream's recently held "Follow the Smart Grid to Win" online contest walked away with Apple iPad 3s yesterday, receiving a high-tech prize for learning about the electric utility's high-tech Smart Grid and the benefits to consumers.
The winning contestants were Edward Li of Markham, Lisa Selby of Scarborough, Michael Boddy of Richmond Hill, Greg Rushton of Barrie and Vladimir (Zev) Berkovich of Vaughan.
The five winners were selected by random draw of all contestants and were invited to collect their prize at PowerStream's head office in Vaughan. The winners were also treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of the company's System Control Centre where they were shown the many features of Smart Grid technologies in action.
The four-week contest, used to help build consumer awareness for Smart Grid and its benefits, began on October 15 and coincided with the opening of a two-day SmartGrid Canada Conference on 'Engaging the Consumer'.
-- "Engaging consumers so that they become more aware of Smart Grid and how the various technologies being implemented benefits them now, as well as in the future, is a critical element of PowerStream's overall plan in building a smarter and more intelligent electricity distribution system," said Mark Henderson, Executive Vice President, Asset Management and Chief Operating Officer, PowerStream. "We thank all those consumers who participated in the contest and hope that they all now have better understanding and appreciation of Smart Grid and what it will mean to them."
- In order to participate in the contest, consumers first had to register to play on a specified website and then follow tweets, posted on Twitter @PowerStreamNews, about the contest and Smart Grid benefits. Participants earned extra chances to win each time they promoted the contest or the benefits of Smart Grid through retweets on their personal Twitter network.
- During the contest period, October 15 - November 9, more than 600 Ontario consumers registered to play in PowerStream's 'Follow the Smart Grid to Win' contest.
PowerStream is a community-owned energy solutions company that provides power and related services to more than 355,000 customers residing or owning a business in communities located immediately north of Toronto and in Central Ontario. It is jointly owned by the Cities of Barrie, Markham and Vaughan.
eStream - Blog.PowerStream.ca
Twitter - @PowerStreamNews
YouTube - PowerStreamTV
LinkedIn - PowerStream
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher