|By Marketwire .||
|November 23, 2012 02:00 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- The Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, and the Honourable Gordon O'Connor, Minister of State and Chief Government Whip, today issued the following statement to mark the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's Change of Command Ceremony in honour of outgoing Commanding Officer, Assistant Commissioner Francois Bidal, and incoming Commanding Officer, Assistant Commissioner Gilles Michaud, in Ottawa.
"We congratulate Assistant Commissioner Michaud on his new role as Commanding Officer of "A" Division. Assistant Commissioner Michaud has extensive experience with Canada's national police force, including in organized crime, proceeds of crime and commercial crime investigations at both the national and international levels. He led the RCMP's National Security Program for the past three years, during which time the RCMP interrupted a high-profile spying case.
We also thank Assistant Commissioner Bidal for the strong leadership and dedication he has demonstrated as "A" Division Commanding Officer since June 2010, and wish him all the best in his new duties."
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Public Safety
Public Safety Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks