|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 01:31 PM EST||
BANFF, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- Today, the Honourable Maxime Bernier, Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism), will recognize the importance of Canada's ski areas and parks to the economy at the 12th annual Association for Mountain Parks Protection and Enjoyment Gala. The theme of this year's event is "Celebrating a Century of the World's Greatest Skiing."
"Tourism is an important economic driver and community builder in all regions of Canada, delivering jobs and economic growth," says Minister of State Bernier. "Canada's ski areas and parks contribute significantly to our international reputation. Our government is working to position Canada's tourism sector to increase tourism revenues, create jobs in Canada and take advantage of international growth opportunities."
During his remarks, Minister of State Bernier will highlight the past year's tourism accomplishments under Canada's Federal Tourism Strategy (FTS), a whole-of-government initiative to position Canada's tourism sector for long-term growth and competitiveness.
Since the launch of the FTS last year, important milestones were reached on several commitments. For example, the Canadian Tourism Commission's (CTC) Signature Experiences Collection now includes 163 Canadian tourism experiences, some of which are offered locally. The Collection showcases extraordinary experiences that make Canada stand out in a competitive marketplace. Ski and other winter experiences are an important element of the CTC's winter marketing campaigns in key tourism markets abroad.
Minister of State Bernier will encourage the audience to continue to enhance visitor experiences through exceptional service and tourism offerings.
"As part of the Federal Tourism Strategy, we recognize the importance of exceptional visitor experiences in drawing tourists from around the world," says Minister of State Bernier.
The government supports the tourism industry in many ways, including through the operation of national parks, the negotiation of bilateral air service agreements and the promotion of Canada as a premier tourism destination. Visit the Supporting Tourism website (www.tourism.gc.ca) for more information on the FTS and other tourism initiatives.
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Maxime Bernier
Minister of State (Small Business and Tourism)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks