|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 12:17 PM EST||
ESQUIMALT, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- The Commanding Officers of Her Majesty's Canadian Ships (HMCS) Toronto and Calgary have their pride at stake and will be watching the 100th Grey Cup closely. The losing Commanding Officer will wear the jersey and ball cap of the winning team, and also fly the respective flag at sea for a day.
"I look forward to seeing an Argonauts jersey and ball cap on the Commanding Officer of HMCS Calgary. Seeing Calgary fly the Argo flag at sea and having the wonderful city of Toronto represented on both coasts will be a great honour," said Commander David Patchell, Commanding Officer of HMCS Toronto.
"There is nothing like having some Royal Canadian Navy fun while watching the Grey Cup," said Commander Paul Francoeur, Commanding Officer of HMCS Calgary. "I am going to have a big grin as I watch Toronto sail on her next deployment flying the Stamps flag off her yardarm."
As both warships' crews enjoy the 100th Grey Cup and look forward to the results, they also continue with their day-to-day work.
The Commanding Officer and Coxswain of HMCS Toronto recently visited their namesake city. The visit allowed the ship's company to connect with Canadians and to deepen their relationship with their namesake city. While in Toronto, they had the opportunity to visit Mayor Ford, Honourary Captain (Navy) Sonja Bata and participate in a Remembrance Day ceremony at the Royal York. The warship is now preparing for upcoming deployments.
HMCS Calgary is currently progressing through a planned mid-life modernization program designed to ensure that she maintains her operational capability and effectiveness to the end of her projected service life. For more information about that program, please visit http://www.materiel.forces.gc.ca/en/hcmf.page
Note to Editors/News Directors: For more information on the Royal Canadian Navy, please visit http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms/0/0_eng.asp
CFB Esquimalt Public Affairs
(250) 363-5202 (FAX)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks