|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 10:38 AM EST||
MIDDLETOWN, Pa., Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Powerball® jackpot has soared to a $325 million annuity value, or a $212.8 million cash prize, for the Saturday, Nov. 24 drawing.
The current Powerball jackpot run began Oct. 6 and there have been 14 consecutive draws without a jackpot winner.
Saturday's Powerball jackpot is the largest since Aug. 15 of this year, when a $337 million jackpot-winning ticket was sold in Michigan.
The Pennsylvania Lottery advises players to purchase their Powerball tickets early to avoid any last-minute rush, and reminds players to always play responsibly.
How to play Powerball: Players pay $2 and select five white balls from the first set of 59 numbers plus a single red ball, the Powerball, from a second set of 35 numbers. Players may select their own numbers using a Powerball playslip, or they may opt for computer-selected quick picks. Players must match all five numbers drawn plus the Powerball number to win the jackpot. There also are eight additional ways for players to win a cash prize.
Powerball tickets are sold in 44 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Tickets are sold until 9:59 p.m. on those days.
About the Pennsylvania Lottery: The Pennsylvania Lottery remains the only state lottery that designates all its proceeds to programs that benefit older residents. Since its inception in 1971, the Pennsylvania Lottery has contributed more than $22.6 billion to programs that include property tax and rent rebates; free transit and reduced-fare shared rides; the low-cost prescription drug programs PACE and PACENET; long-term living services; and the 52 Area Agencies on Aging, including full- and part-time senior centers throughout the state.
The Pennsylvania Lottery reminds its players to play responsibly. Players must be 18 or older.
For drawings results, winning numbers, winners' stories and to subscribe to the Lottery's RSS news feed, visit www.palottery.com. Also log in to Facebook and like us at www.facebook.com/palottery or follow us at www.twitter.com/palottery.
Media contact: Lauren Piccolo or Gary Miller, 717-702-8008
SOURCE Pennsylvania Lottery
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks