|By Marketwire .||
|November 23, 2012 10:29 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 --
- Preliminary results will be available at www.elections.ca from 10:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Monday, November 26, 2012, for the federal by-elections in Calgary Centre (Alberta), Durham (Ontario) and Victoria (British Columbia). Unofficial voter turnout results will be displayed in real time throughout the night.
- As soon as polls close, the deputy returning officers count the votes and transmit the results to the returning officers for those electoral districts, who immediately relay them electronically to Elections Canada in Ottawa.
- On election day, there is a ban on disseminating election results until the last polls close in all electoral districts.
"As soon as the polls close, Elections Canada staff work together to get election results to Canadians as soon as possible," says Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks