|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 09:37 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- The BBC Symphony Orchestra and Barbican Centre will continue its highly distinctive season of concerts on 24 November with a night of specially-commissioned music, world and UK premieres and exclusive performances from some of the most celebrated names in classical music.
As part of a series of events that continues until May 2013, the concert will be conducted by music director and chief conductor of the Prague Philharmonia Jakub Hrusa, as well as featuring a new work from composer Rolf Hind for accordion virtuoso James Crabb.
Following a free workshop from BBC SO Plus, which offers an introduction to concert-going for families, the night's entertainment gets underway with the two premieres. This begins with the first UK performance of a newly-arranged suite from Janacek's The Cunning Little Vixen, followed by the world premiere of Hind's first major work for accordion, The Tiniest House of Time. The final piece of the night, Rimsky-Korsakov's orchestral scenes from the Arabian Nights, places the orchestra's lead violinist in the role of the tale's iconic Princess Sheherazade.
The season continues throughout the remainder of the year and well into 2013 with performances from conductors such as Sir Andrew Davis, Jiri Belohlavek and David Robertson to name but a few, while celebrated artists like Stephen Hough and Benjamin Grosvenor feature in an exciting and eclectic programme.
Tickets for all of the above can be purchased from the Barbican Centre website, with discounts of between 15 and 20 per cent available to those booking the same number of tickets for between three and five different concerts.
BBC Symphony Orchestra
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher