|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 08:20 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- Gold stocks surged Wednesday as gold futures gained nearly $20 an ounce to settle at a 1-month high on optimism that lawmakers could make a deal which would avoid the upcoming "fiscal cliff". The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) spiked 1.5 percent Wednesday. The Paragon Report examines investing opportunities in the Gold Industry and provides equity research on AuRico Gold Inc. (NYSE: AUQ) (TSX: AUQ) and NovaGold Resources Inc. (NYSE: NG) (TSX: NG).
Access to the full company reports can be found at:
The "fiscal cliff" is a combination of government spending cuts and tax increases set to take effect at the beginning of 2013 unless lawmakers reach a compromise on a new budget deal. The Treasury Department has recently reported that the October deficit, which is the first month of the new fiscal year, grew 22 percent to $120 billion. Gold historically has gained in times of economic uncertainty as investors look to it as a safe haven.
"Unless there is a clear agreement between the Democrats and Republicans on the solution to the so-called U.S. fiscal cliff, the short-term direction is bullish for gold," said Chintan Karnani, chief analyst at Insignia Consultants.
Paragon Report releases regular market updates on the Gold Industry so investors can stay ahead of the crowd and make the best investment decisions to maximize their returns. Take a few minutes to register with us free at www.ParagonReport.com and get exclusive access to our numerous stock reports and industry newsletters.
AuRico Gold's focus is on its core operations including the Young-Davidson gold mine in northern Ontario which declared commercial production on September 1st, 2012 and the El Chanate mine in Sonora State. AuRico's strong project pipeline also includes advanced development opportunities in Mexico and British Columbia. During October, the Young-Davidson mine produced 9,177 gold ounces.
NovaGold's Donlin Gold project, which is equally and jointly held with Barrick Gold Corporation -- the world's largest gold company -- is a uniquely attractive asset. In terms of the combined size, grade, exploration potential, production profile and jurisdiction, it is quite possibly the most important gold development project in the world today.
The Paragon Report has not been compensated by any of the above-mentioned publicly traded companies. Paragon Report is compensated by other third party organizations for advertising services. We act as an independent research portal and are aware that all investment entails inherent risks. Please view the full disclaimer at:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London