|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 05:21 AM EST||
- Ricky Hatton's highly-anticipated return to the ring to face Vyacheslav Senchenko will be screened live in a record number of UK cinemas
LONDON, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Supervision Media and PrimeTime have signed an exclusive licensing arrangement to bring the fight that everyone wants to see LIVE to selected cinemas around the UK on Saturday 24 November 2012.
Earlier this year, David Haye and Derek Chisora came face-to-face at Upton Park as part of their on-going rivalry, which saw the fight billed as one of the biggest in recent British boxing history. SuperVision brought the fight to the big screen returning boxing to cinemas and restoring a tradition from the Sixties when the likes of Henry Cooper appeared on the big screen.
Where Cooper left off, the modern generation have picked up the mantle and it has proved just as successful. The Haye versus Chisora fight attracted large crowds in over 50 screenings across the UK and now Hatton's bout promises to offer even more fans the chance to be part of the action with over 80 cinemas taking part, the largest number or cinemas on record to broadcast a live sporting event in the UK.
Hatton is widely regarded as one of the UK's finest boxers in history, winning his first world title in 2005 against Kostya Tszyu. He went on to defend his belt at Light Welterwight, later moving up weight categories to Welterweight as he faced Floyd Mayweather and later Manny Pacquiao.
He retired in 2009 after defeat to Pacquiao, but has come out of retirement with fighting talk promising to "flatten something on 24 November."
Apollo Piccadilly Circus
Ashton Under Lyne
Isle of Wight
West India Quay
For further information regarding screenings visit PrimetimeBoxing.co.uk.
SupeVision Media Contact: Zak Presky on 020 7121 5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SuperVision Media is a leading global rights owner and distributor, delivering content to cinemas and out of home venues such as to cruise ships around the globe. SuperVision has had success in offering a new and revolutionary way to experience exclusive events on the big screen. Previous live sporting events include Formula One, FIFA 2010 World Cup, Wimbledon 3D and Haye v Chisora.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks