|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
-Florida is a particularly popular spot for families whose numbers come up, followed by the Caribbean, Canary Islands and Dubai, according to Holiday Hypermarket-
Nearly a third of UK lottery millionaires looking to get away after a jackpot win are likely to book a holiday to the United States, according to a recent study of past winners' spending habits.
According to the study, conducted by lottery operator Camelot and Oxford Economics, 27 per cent of those lucky enough to win at least one million GBP would head to the US, with a visit to Walt Disney World in Florida cited as a popular reason.
Trips to areas in the Caribbean such as Jamaica were chosen by nine per cent of the 3,000 new millionaires while the top five was completed by the Canary Islands, Dubai and Mallorca, showing that the promise of sunshine is a big draw for UK winners.
Perhaps surprisingly, the study also found that only 68 per cent of winners choose to stay in five-star hotels despite their unexpected new wealth.
E-Commerce Manager at Holiday Hypermarket, Calum Macdonald, comments: "America has always been viewed as glamorous by us Brits so the results don't surprise me. The good news for everyone is that you don't have to be a lottery winner to head to Florida or the Canaries as there are deals to suit everyone's budget out there at the moment."
The National Lottery has been running in the UK since 1994 and, according to the study, winners have spent a total of around £680m on large item purchases such as holidays since it began.
About Holiday Hypermarket:
Holiday Hypermarket (http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/) is a UK based holiday comparison community. We are passionate about helping people in the UK explore, learn and enjoy the world by removing the obstacles that keep them from getting the most out of their holidays. We do this by providing a travel comparison site that allows you to effortlessly find the best deals with the assistance of a knowledgeable community of fellow travellers who love to share travel advice.
With Holiday Hypermarket you have access to a huge number of travel suppliers which will help you choose either a late deal or your next year's summer holiday. This, combined with our excellent customer service and vibrant online community, makes Holiday Hypermarket a great place to start exploring the world.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks