|By Marketwired .||
|November 23, 2012 12:22 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/23/12 -- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has suspended the licence to operate of Establishment 231, Capital Packers Inc., in Edmonton, Alberta effective November 22, 2012.
The CFIA has determined that adequate controls for food safety are not being reliably implemented in the facility on a consistent basis. The company has failed to correct deficiencies previously identified through CFIA inspections.
All products currently at this plant are under CFIA detention and control. In addition, the CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation to determine if products shipped from the plant pose potential risks to consumers, particularly related to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The CFIA will immediately alert the public if unsafe food could be in the marketplace.
Capital Packers Inc. will not be able to resume operations until they have fully implemented the necessary corrective actions and the CFIA is fully confident in the plant's capacity to effectively manage food safety risks.
The safety of consumers is the CFIA's top priority and the Agency will work diligently to ensure there is no potential risk to consumers. Additional information will be provided as soon as it becomes available.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London