|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 07:02 PM EST||
GLASGOW, Scotland, November 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
'Shaggy cows needing haircuts...Gold medal winning thighs...Sun's Oot Taps aff!'
The nation has spoken! And after over 3000 entries, a nationwide tour and weeks of debate to select 36 winning comments....Scotland's favourite pint Tennent's Lager has today (22nd November) unveiled its much anticipated Scotland pint glass in time for St Andrew's Day celebrations.
The warmth, wit and wisdom of the Scottish people is emblazoned across this limited edition version of Tennent's iconic pint glass, which will be in pubs across the country as a glass is raised to Scotland on 30th November.
The 'Scotland to a T' campaign began this summer when Tennent's handed its glass over to the public and asked them what makes them smile the most about Scotland - with the aim of creating a unique snapshot of the nation in words and pictures.
The resulting glass design contains a funny and moving mix of the things that people love about their home country. It shows that Scots are proud of their national treasures - from the 'The Big Yin', the 'squadrons of midges' and the 'Tartan Army' to the famous 'Hampden Roar' and of course, 'T in the Paaarrk!'.
People voted Scotland as 'a nation of innovators', as the place 'where the rest of the world comes to party', and confessed a love for 'cheering when we cross the border' and going 'out on the randan'.
The quirks of our national tongue are celebrated, as Scotland is the place where 'two positives make 1 negative (aye right!)', 'where 'how' means 'why' and 'where 'hunners' means 1,2 or 3'!
Our 'dreich' weather also gets a special mention and we are 'the only country made more beautiful by rain'...although Scotland is also hailed as the place 'where umbrellas go to die'!
To further celebrate, Tennent's has created an animated film inspired by and bringing to life some of the phrases on the glass. This will be available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrHp8iAYoI as a humorous and fitting 'toast' to St Andrew's day.
Commenting on the 'Scotland to a T' campaign and the unveiling of the new glass, Tennent's Lager Marketing Manager Jane Cannon said: 'Tennent's is a big part of Scottish life and culture and our drinkers really captured that with their brilliant response to this campaign. It was no easy task to pick a shortlist of words and images from so many great entries, but it's been a lot of fun and we're really proud of the finished glass. Here's hoping we'll see it raised across the country to celebrate St Andrew's Day.'
The Scotland to a T campaign follows the hugely successful regional glass campaign from last year, which handed the Tennent's pint glass over to drinkers to describe their home 'cities to a T' - resulting in 6 eye-catching glasses that were distributed and sold in their thousands across the country.
Tennent's latest campaign was launched on Tennents.com and the brand's Facebook page and was supported by a tour of the country with a 'Scotland to a T' booth which allowed people to express their views on video.
In celebration of St Andrew's Day, full window displays of the quotes and images from the glass will also be on show at select pubs across Scotland and the glass will be available to purchase at tennents.com from 1st December priced £6.50.
Notes to editors:
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
- This summer three of Tennent Caledonian's flagship products were part of a unique Scotland House showcase for the 2012 Olympic Games. As the eyes of the world turned to London, Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export were amongst the very finest food and drink on offer in the city. The Scotland House initiative was hosted by the Scottish Government with partners including Scotland Food & Drink.
- In September 2012 the Tennent's Original Export outdoor billboard campaign scooped a series of accolades at the Scottish Creative Awards, including the Grand Prix award, 48 or 96 Sheet Poster, Art Direction and the Outdoor Campaign Awards.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher