|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 05:16 PM EST||
TSX: TVI OTCQX: TVIPF
CALGARY, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - TVI Pacific Inc. (TSX: TVI) (OTCQX: TVIPF) ("TVI" or "the Company") is proud to announce that its Philippine operating affiliate, TVI Resource Development (Phils.), Inc. ("TVIRD"), has received multiple, prestigious awards during the 2012 Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental Awards ("PMIEA") held during the National Mine Safety and Environment Conference in Baguio City.
- Winner - Presidential Mineral Industry Environment Award - Platinum Award
- Winner - Safest Surface Mining Operation
- Winner - Safest Mineral Processing, Concentrator Category
- 3rd runner up - Best Mining Forest, Metallic Category
TVIRD was presented with a Platinum Award for Excellence in Environmental Management by the PMIEA Selection Committee led by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources ("DENR"). This is a step-up from last year's Titanium Award in the same category and was the highest level awarded at this year's conference.
These awards are conferred each year by the PMIEA to mining companies that demonstrate outstanding levels of dedication, initiative and innovation in the pursuit of excellence in environmental management. Established in 1997, the award recognizes the social and environment initiatives and achievements by the private sector in the mining industry.
The awards highlight the Philippine mineral industry's continuing commitment to the environment, social development, safety and health, as an integral part of mineral resources development. The scope of environmental management includes programs/projects being implemented for the environmental protection and enhancement of mining areas, development of the host and neighboring communities, land use improvement, exploration and mine site rehabilitation, and final decommissioning.
Previous PMIEA awards include:
- Titanium Award for Excellence in Environmental Management (2011, 2010)
- Safest Mining Operation (2011)
- Safest Surface Mining Operation (2011)
- Safest Mineral Processing, Concentrator Category (2011, 2010)
- Mining Forest Award, Metallic Category (2010)
- Health and Safety Award (2010)
"TVIRD's consistence in receiving high-level environmental and safety awards year-after-year demonstrates the company's continuing commitment in operating ethically, safely and with high standards of excellence," stated Clifford M. James, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Recognition by the PMIEA through awards of excellence confirms our company's dedication to and practice of responsible mining."
About TVI Pacific Inc. (TSX: TVI) (OTCQX: TVIPF)
TVI Pacific Inc. is a publicly-traded Canadian company that is focused on the production, development, exploration and acquisition of resource projects in the Philippines. TVI produces copper and zinc concentrates from its Canatuan mine. TVI also has an interest in an offshore Philippine oil property.
The Toronto Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained herein.
SOURCE TVI Pacific Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks