|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 04:38 PM EST||
(All financial information is in CAD$, unless otherwise noted.)
(NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS)
MONTREAL, Nov. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS) today confirmed the November 20 closing of its previously announced Definitive Purchase and Sale Agreement ("the agreement") signed by its Canadian subsidiary, Domtar Inc., for the sale of its hydro assets in Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Québec. The purchaser is Chaudière Hydro L.P. ("Chaudière Hydro"), the newly-created affiliate of Energy Ottawa Inc.
The approximately $46 million transaction, after closing adjustments,
includes Domtar's three power stations (21 MW of installed capacity),
Domtar's water rights in the area, as well as the company's equity
stake in the Chaudière Water Power Inc. (CWPI) ring dam consortium.
With the closing of the agreement, the 12 workers currently operating
the three power stations become employees of Chaudière Hydro.
Domtar Corporation (NYSE: UFS) (TSX: UFS) designs, manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication papers, specialty and packaging papers and adult incontinence products. The foundation of its business is a network of world class wood fiber converting assets that produce papergrade, fluff and specialty pulps. The majority of its pulp production is consumed internally to manufacture paper and consumer products. Domtar is the largest integrated marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America with recognized brands such as Cougar®, Lynx® Opaque Ultra, Husky® Opaque Offset, First Choice® and Domtar EarthChoice®. Domtar is also a leading marketer and producer of a complete line of incontinence care products marketed primarily under the Attends® brand name. Domtar owns and operates ArivaTM, an extensive network of strategically located paper and printing supplies distribution facilities. In 2011, Domtar had sales of US$5.6 billion from nearly 50 countries. The Company employs approximately 9,300 people. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
SOURCE DOMTAR CORPORATION
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?