|By Marketwire .||
|November 22, 2012 04:26 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- Department of National Defence (DND) professionals represented by the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) received the news today that their positions will be "affected" by the government's continuing cuts to programs and services.
Earlier today, 158 PIPSC public service professionals, mostly computer science professionals, but also including nurses, nutritionists, occupational therapists, and historians, began to receive "affected" notices from the department. Most of the employees affected today are located in the National Capital Region.
This brings to over 5,300 the number of PIPSC members who have received a Workforce Adjustment (WFA) notice since the tabling of the 2012 federal budget.
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada represents some 60,000 professionals and scientists across Canada's public sector.
(613) 228-6310 ext 2303
(613) 883-4900 (cell)
(613) 228-6310 extension 2228
(613) 794-9369 (cell)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks